T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New user with a Graphtec CE5000-60.

I'm sending cutlines through Illustrator CC and Cutting Master 4 on a Mac.

With ever job I've sent to be cut, the knife drops right away as the head and vinyl move and advance to the starting point in the artwork. This creates a diagonal cut that runs from the corner of the media into and through the artwork. That line is not part of the vector artwork.

What is the term for this, and how do I get it to stop?

Example photo...
https://i.imgur.com/voj9tVD.png
I've since adjusted settings to get a cleaner cut, but the knife still drops and started cutting immediately, dragging that diagonal line right through the intended cut lines.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I don't know the cause or the solution, but as a temporary fix you could experiment with a small uncomplicated artwork file & figure out how the machine determines it's starting cut point of the artwork & then manipulate the order of the artwork files/layers so that your drag line is only to the edge of your actual artwork.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know the cause or the solution, but as a temporary fix you could experiment with a small uncomplicated artwork file & figure out how the machine determines it's starting cut point of the artwork & then manipulate the order of the artwork files/layers so that your drag line is only to the edge of your actual artwork.
I have done multiple tests, with a variety of artwork and basic shapes. So far, nothing has been cut without that drag line intersecting the desired cut artwork.

I've moved the origin, and it doesn't affect the drag line.

I've moved the position of the artwork within Cutting Master 4, and the drag line always starts from the origin.

I've rotated the artwork, but the drag line still intersects.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Just so i'm clearer.....

Create a small artwork of a triangle inside a square which is then also inside a circle with none of the cut lines intersecting and make sure each shape is on its own layer inside your artwork file. Then cut the artwork & see which shape your drag line goes to, if its not the circle then re-order those layers within your artwork file so that the circle is in the same position relative to the other 2 shapes as the one that was cut first, then re test cut the revised artwork file.

The trials you've already conducted would suggest that the cause is either mechanical ( ie- something is causing the knife to prematurely drop) or corrupt software in which case you could search for a firmware update for the machine &/or cutting master software.

·
Registered
9,392 Posts
When you look at the cut master screen does it show the diagonal line? Something is up where it thinks it is there. If the machine is new have you tried Graphtec support?

·
Registered
1 Posts
в диспетчере устройств удалите корневой USB-концентратор, перезагрузите компьютер, и драйверы будут установлены снова. Этот вариант мне всегда помогает.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts