T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I have read lots of your posts about the graphtec plotter you own, and based on some of your posts, I bought a used one. I love it. I only have one problem, when I cut, it is cutting some (not all) corners short. I will try to attatch a picture of what my test cuts are looking like. Maybe you can look at it and give me an idea about what you think is happening. I've adjusted the offset, but it looks the same... anyway, I will add an image so you can see it. Any feedback will be helpful. thanks in advance
chris

Attachments

· Registered
950 Posts
Greetings Chris and :welcome:!

I assume that you have the CE5000-60 unit. I have a few questions for ya...

• What was your original offset setting and what did you change it to (even though it did not make a difference)?

• What material are you cutting that's coming out in this manner?

• Have you tried cutting a different material and if so, do you get the same or different results?

• What speed are you cutting at?

• What type of blade are you using?

• What is your knife depth?

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response!
I didnt get a chance to hook it all up last night and check settings, but here is what I know about what Ive done:

• What material are you cutting that's coming out in this manner?
  • Have you tried cutting a different material and if so, do you get the same or different results?
I've used about 4 or 5 different vinyls. All have been the lower grade sign vinyl, from orocal, 3m, avery and a few others. Every media I've cut has made the same cut, with the shortened corners.

What was your original offset setting and what did you change it to (even though it did not make a difference)?
Offest started at 0, and I changed it in both directions by one setting (+1, -1).

What speed are you cutting at?
I believe my speed is around 18, but I didn't check last night...

What type of blade are you using?
The blades started as what I assume was the stock blade that comes with the cutter, however i switched to a 45degree cutter from graphtec, and it cuts the same shortened corners.

What is your knife depth?
I couldnt tell you the knife depth, other than it cuts through the media leaving a small indentation in the backing when I peel. Several times it has cut all the way through the backing and i had to back off the blade a bit... Hope that clarifies those questions.....thanks for your input.:)

· Registered
950 Posts
I appreciate your responses!

Let me clarify your speed - is that 18 ips (inches per second)?

This seems possibly a setting in the cutter given that it's cutting every material like this with now 2 different blades.

By any chance, are both of the blades you've tried used/worn? If so, check the tips to make sure they are not broken or have residue present.

Take one of the materials to focus on with this testing. Install the appropriate blade for it and then increase your offset by 3 points from the standard setting. Therefore, if you originally started at 0, increase it to 3 (+3) and retest. Keep increasing and see if it improves the cut.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.