T-Shirt Forums banner
21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I tried spectra cut 1 with this same temp settings and stuff got a similar result it was a little thicker though... but if we could find another cold peel thats as thin as this i bet we could make this work for it... i did a post about testing this...
I've tried this with many materials in the past. I don't think you'll find another cold peel material that accomplishes this;)

If you put H2O beside of Spectracut I there is quite a difference in how it feels and how it penetrates the fibers of the garment.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Tried my sample over the weekend, didn't get the result I was expecting, even though I followed the guidelines. (I got the orange film and was trying on a royal blue tee).

However, I wondered what would happen if the result was covered with foil. An unexpected but subtle result... small parts of the text were covered in the foil, almost like a foil-glitter effect.

I went 1 step further and combined further materials to create what is a tee with 5 materials, a very good overall look if I do say so myself lol.

Will post in the results thread.

Raj

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Here is a question for you Josh. When applying vinyl normally over a button seam (such as with some baseball jerseys) I have seen the technique of cutting the image where the seam separation is. With H2O would you need to cut the image since no vinyl stays on the garment?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Here is a question for you Josh. When applying vinyl normally over a button seam (such as with some baseball jerseys) I have seen the technique of cutting the image where the seam separation is. With H2O would you need to cut the image since no vinyl stays on the garment?
John, check the results/sharing thread in a bit. As soon as my heat press heats up I'll be trying this and posting pics.

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
I thought I saw page that listed what blades should be used for which sports films.
Is there one or am I thinking of something else. ?
WHich films require or would be best cut with a 60 as I normally have the 45 in my cutter.

Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I would say that you could go right over the seem, provided that you used either a Teflon Pillow or Silicone Rubber Shape inside the garment under the seem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
can anyone provide the results for the offgassing of the film? that temperature is high and sounds like it is distressing the film which from the feedbacks I have seen could cause health issue. with everything going on these days with regulation etc I just want to be careful, but if this is ok, this product sounds like a great one....

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
can anyone provide the results for the offgassing of the film? that temperature is high and sounds like it is distressing the film which from the feedbacks I have seen could cause health issue. with everything going on these days with regulation etc I just want to be careful, but if this is ok, this product sounds like a great one....
I work in a fairly small room and I didn't have any problems with fumes. I am not a production facility so I don't make many of anything at one time. It is always best to have good ventilation in your work area.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I work in a fairly small room and I didn't have any problems with fumes. I am not a production facility so I don't make many of anything at one time. It is always best to have good ventilation in your work area.
Thanks for your reply lizziemaxine! I think i asked the question in a confusing way. The fume released when PU degrades doesnt have odor,so you cant smell it if it is there but a off gassing test would show if it is safe. Since the material looks distressed, after heat application there is a big probability that off gassing is happening.

I wonder if i can have a report if it is available. That would show that there are no health concern with it. Maybe Josh, can you help?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Thanks for your reply lizziemaxine! I think i asked the question in a confusing way. The fume released when PU degrades doesnt have odor,so you cant smell it if it is there but a off gassing test would show if it is safe. Since the material looks distressed, after heat application there is a big probability that off gassing is happening.

I wonder if i can have a report if it is available. That would show that there are no health concern with it. Maybe Josh, can you help?
I don't have a report like this, but will check with our lab.

The PU isn't actually degrading, its lifting away with the carrier. Its more of a hot split transfer technique that is happening. The distress or lack of distress is related to pressure not to the amount of heat applied. Hopefully this helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone know if Superfilm is available in Australia?

Have tried to buy via the Cad-Cut Direct website but for some reason cannot create an account.

Superfilm doesn't appear on the Stahls Pacific (Australia) website, but there are a couple of other cold peel films listed - Fusion Flex and Identi-Tee which may be the same product.

Awaiting an email reply from Josh but thought someone here may be able to help as I'd really like to give this a go.

Thanks

·
Registered
93 Posts
Just got my Super Film last night and tried it out. The navy and neon pink worked just like I saw in my head. I will post some pics later.

The white did not. As I tried to peal it hot, a good bit of the fade was there, but there was a good bit of vinyl that was left kind of loose/adhearing on my shirt. I checked on the website and white is not listed as being compatible with the H2O technique. Would this be the result I should expect? If so, fine. I will use it as a standard opaque film.

Thanks, and nice product,
Mike

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi guys,

Will this product be shown at Fespa 2011 in Hamburg by your German branch?
I'm very very excited about it, I accidentally ran across it a couple minutes ago and I'm amazed.

Thanks, Paul

21 - 40 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.