T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
uh, no insults here but there is nothing on the stahls website about cch2o for sale. I would like to hear from the source.

I do 25 yards a week in apparel vinyl and we just did a week with 75 yards so this is not an inexpensive proposal.

I just want an nod from stahls.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
uh, no insults here but there is nothing on the stahls website about cch2o for sale. I would like to hear from the source.

I do 25 yards a week in apparel vinyl and we just did a week with 75 yards so this is not an inexpensive proposal.

I just want an nod from stahls.
Here is a link to the page for Super Film and H2O compatible colors are listed: CAD-CUT® Super Film™ Heat Transfer Material | Stahls’ ID Please not the actual colors are dictated by the back of the film and the color of the garment applied to...there is a link to the videos on this page explaining this in more detail with examples.

Thanks for your interest

·
Registered
461 Posts
I just tried the H2O for the first time and I loved it! I got a sample of black. I put it on a red t-shirt and then added rhinestones over it. Loved the way it looked. It's in the washing machine right now, so I can make sure the rhinestones stay on.

I pressed three different times. Here's my only problem. When I pull the carrier layer off, it pulls on the design and kind of "warps it." If I pull the tape off left to right, the letters get pulled in that direction and they don't go back all the way. Does this make sense? My first letter is an "M" and it's not straight -- it's skewed a bit in the direction I pulled the carrier off. I don't know how to pull it "straighter" because it's so darn HOT!! I haven't ever used anything that has to be pulled off while hot before, and it is REALLY hot!!

I really like it though. I just wish I could just get my letters to stay straight....

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I just tried the H2O for the first time and I loved it! I got a sample of black. I put it on a red t-shirt and then added rhinestones over it. Loved the way it looked. It's in the washing machine right now, so I can make sure the rhinestones stay on.

I pressed three different times. Here's my only problem. When I pull the carrier layer off, it pulls on the design and kind of "warps it." If I pull the tape off left to right, the letters get pulled in that direction and they don't go back all the way. Does this make sense? My first letter is an "M" and it's not straight -- it's skewed a bit in the direction I pulled the carrier off. I don't know how to pull it "straighter" because it's so darn HOT!! I haven't ever used anything that has to be pulled off while hot before, and it is REALLY hot!!

I really like it though. I just wish I could just get my letters to stay straight....
Try to cut your design with a little extra carrier around it. This way you can fold over a corner and grab that immediately when you are done pressing. This will prevent you from touching a hot fabric and allow you to pull the carrier off immediately when its still hot. This will prevent the stretching, which is caused by waiting too long to peel the carrier off.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Try to cut your design with a little extra carrier around it. This way you can fold over a corner and grab that immediately when you are done pressing. This will prevent you from touching a hot fabric and allow you to pull the carrier off immediately when its still hot. This will prevent the stretching, which is caused by waiting too long to peel the carrier off.
????? Peel HOT great, but your website says peel cool. If it peels hot like fashion film extra carrier dosn't mater, it comes off great but if you keep changing carriers I can see the problem

·
Registered
51 Posts
????? Peel HOT great, but your website says peel cool. If it peels hot like fashion film extra carrier dosn't mater, it comes off great but if you keep changing carriers I can see the problem
Hi Brian, I believe the instructions on the website refer to the regular application of SuperFilm, which results in a more opaque look. For the CCH2O effect, the instructions are different, depending if you want the original wash or extreme wash.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts

Do you have a photo of what it looks like with the rhinestones?

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
It already is availible.. Just the color chart is not... Its an old product called super film just with a new application technique to put it plain and simple
So this NEW H20 is the superfilm just pressed at 400 degrees 20 seconds now instead of the 320 degree 10 seconds for the superfilm that has been on stahls site ?
So confused.

Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
So this NEW H20 is the superfilm just pressed at 400 degrees 20 seconds now instead of the 320 degree 10 seconds for the superfilm that has been on stahls site ?
So confused.

Thanks
Mark
Correct, there is no "CCH2O material", instead it is method(s) for use on Superfilm, depending on which output you want. The output for the H2O method is determined more by the adhesive backer than the face/film. I have my sample role (pink adhesive, pink film), but haven't tried it yet. I'm thinking about testing it on some donation shirts I'm doing for a breast cancer walk.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
One of the things I saw Josh do at the SGIA show, is reuse the same piece, although it will give an increasingly distressed look the more it's used. So if you wanted to print the same text twice on a shirt, with one print being solid, and another distressed, you could do it from the same piece. I believe you use the regular CCH2O time for the second distressed print when reusing the material.

Haven't seen it mentioned on the forums yet, but haven't been keeping up since I got back, so hopefully it's a new tip!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.