T-Shirt Forums banner
141 - 160 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
I use high heat thermal tape all the time to protect the items I don't want to melt under the heatpress. I have not done buttons, but I did about 200 messenger bags with the plastic zippers for a school and I wrapped the zipper in the thermal tape and the zippers were not effected by the high heat from the press so I say that it is worth a try. Having to wrap each button on each shirt will surely be cumbersome but it will work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not too familiar with this forum, but I have a customer wanting a distressed look for their vinyl. I was directed to Super Film. Now...how well will it work out with a steel grey or heather grey tee with pink vinyl? Since I've never worked with this stuff, I'm just not sure if that combo is even viable. Do any of you have sample pics with this combo I could see?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
Not too familiar with this forum, but I have a customer wanting a distressed look for their vinyl. I was directed to Super Film. Now...how well will it work out with a steel grey or heather grey tee with pink vinyl? Since I've never worked with this stuff, I'm just not sure if that combo is even viable. Do any of you have sample pics with this combo I could see?
The best pink result with the H2O process is achieved by using the neon pink color of Super Film. Check out the photo at this thread: http://www.t-shirtforums.com/cad-cut-h2o-beta-innovation/t132302.html#post781042

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks, Josh for the link. I'm still a bit confused in this forum. But I found my way to your blog (new subscriber :) here) and then to the video you guys created for the multiple decoration options. I plan to order some SuperFilm today for this distressed job, but is it possible to get a sample pack where I can try the other decoration options as well? Thanks again, I really appreciate your guidance!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Great results!
Seems it is as easy as Josh made it look!
Interesting result from the orange vinyl. Orange isn't on the list of H20 compatible vinyls on Stahls's site. Maybe they haven't tested that color as much. I would assume every color is compatible.
I like the grey color it achieved. My biggest concern is with something like this, if I am going for a grey look, or a white look using the pink vinyl, I don't want to risk any chance of the color coming through.
I wonder how the white Superfilm reacts to this application. That would seem best for white designs.
Looking forward to getting a chance to test test this material out!
Take a look at this CCH2O tech video from Josh

YouTube - CAD-CUT® H2O Technical Tips and Tricks

This might help when picking your colors.:D

·
Registered
66 Posts
Here is a picture if h2o combined with a screenprint. There is no differance between the 2. Batteries died on my camera and can't get a close up of the h2o. The words are h2o and the viking is screenprinted. The h2o has a retro look to it.

Attachments

·
Registered
325 Posts
I am new to this (my first time) :) and wanted to see if I could learn so I jumped in and have had many failures with this material.:mad: I guess I am working too small(?) weeding was very hard for me on this project. I used dental tools and a paper piercer, edges still lifted on the tires and ends of the frame work. I was given copper and mixed it with blue and orange (Thermoflex Plus) and some black scraps from accugraphics (not sure who makes it) and some rhinestuds. Pressed it hard. I will keep trying, I love the feel of the material and so did the 5 yo boy I gave it to. I am sure he will test it well.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Since it does not have a sticky carrier, it is a bit more difficult to weed especially the small or narrow parts. I do believe that in Josh's video, he mentions that small or detailed graphics require a bit more care in weeding.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Any suggestions Jean would be appreciated, I literaly held my fingers on some of the sections to keep them down.

Since it does not have a sticky carrier, it is a bit more difficult to weed especially the small or narrow parts. I do believe that in Josh's video, he mentions that small or detailed graphics require a bit more care in weeding.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
I have done that also. Sometimes I will use little pieces of heat transfer tape to hold it down while I am weeding. I have lifted off pieces of the design accidentally while weeding different areas. Just remember to remove the tape before placing the transfer on the item. This is an issue with all non sticky carrier vinyls. I think the key is to not do real intricate or narrow lines unless you are willing to take the time required for weeding. I also think getting a good clean cut helps. A sharp blade and proper depth and offset are key to getting a good clean cut which also aids in weeding those difficult areas. I also double check when laying the design on the item to make sure everything is in the right place and not folded over itself.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Alright, this posting took awhile but I am afraid I failed the creativity test when it comes to using the neon orange sample that was sent out back when I signed up. 3 other color samples that I had ordered just came in due to back ordering. Seems that when one color was in the others weren't. That should be an indication of the popularity.

This shirt was done with Superfilm Black and Electric Red.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #156 ·
Alright, this posting took awhile but I am afraid I failed the creativity test when it comes to using the neon orange sample that was sent out back when I signed up. 3 other color samples that I had ordered just came in due to back ordering. Seems that when one color was in the others weren't. That should be an indication of the popularity.

This shirt was done with Superfilm Black and Electric Red.
Looks awesome!

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
I guess I still need some clarification on the white. I talked to a lady at Stahls and said I wanted to try the h20 to get a white print on a dark shirt and she told me I needed the white super film so that is what we ordered. I read in other posts that one of the pinks is what you need to use to get a white print. Which is it? I hate to think I paid for the wrong product to be shipped.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Hi John, I got the free sample of pink, liked it so much that I ordered the white. It is all white, and works just fine. If you didn't see the results page, it won't be a bright white on the garment. Due to the translucency (did I just make that word up?) of the application, the shirt color will show through a bit.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I guess I still need some clarification on the white. I talked to a lady at Stahls and said I wanted to try the h20 to get a white print on a dark shirt and she told me I needed the white super film so that is what we ordered. I read in other posts that one of the pinks is what you need to use to get a white print. Which is it? I hate to think I paid for the wrong product to be shipped.
John, I recommend using the Pink Super Film for when you want White. The Pink has a White backing so the White is what is going to stay on the shirt when you peel the vinyl hot.

The White Super Film is not an approved color for CCH20 so you may not always have consistent results when using White. :)

·
Registered
617 Posts
The White Super Film is not an approved color for CCH20 so you may not always have consistent results when using White. :)
Can you clarify that comment? I've put the white (white) on black, kelly, and metro blue with the same results. It had the same feel, smell, and results as the pink sample. I remember reading conversations about the white (pink) but didn't pay too much attention.

141 - 160 of 169 Posts