T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's some inspiration and photos to get this section started...please share yours when you test or complete a job!!!

CCH2O Original Wash, Neon Orange and Metallic Slvr on Black Tee

CCH2O Original Wash Color Sampling on Heather Gray Tee

CCH2O Extreme Wash Royal Blue on Heather Gray Tee

Original & Extreme Wash Over the Collar & Sleeve Seams

Original Wash Mid Blue on Light Blue Hoodie

Original Wash Copper on White Close Up

Colors Overlapping Example

Many Color Original Wash All Over on White Tee

Original Wash as Navy Blue Base Layer on Royal Tee with many overlapping films including Pebble Puff for laces

Original Wash vs Extreme Wash Comparison Black and Burgundy

·
Premium Member
27,689 Posts
You guys have probably already seen this one in the other thread, but Josh sent me the CCH20 sample he did just yesterday with my design (I actually hired another T-ShirtForums member @revboyjames to create the design) so I thought I'd post the pictures in this thread.

The full design:

Closer

Super Close :)

Someone asked about the stretchiness of the design, so here's a photo of me stretching it:

Here's a zoomed in version of the above image of the print getting stretched:

He also sent me some samples of some designs that have been washed a few times that look great. I think can post photos of those as well?

·
Premium Member
27,689 Posts
Thanks! Post away...it's your sandbox - I'm just playing in it:D

I like to think of it a community sandbox, but here ya go :D

Extreme Wash Version that has been laundered:

A bit closer:

Zoomed in:

Original Wash Version that has been laundered:

A bit closer:

Zoomed in:

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And why haven't I been trying out some of this stuff?....lmao........Josh...I don't feel your love anymore....... :-(
I still got love for you Ronnie:) No one has seen this application, we've been keeping our lips tightly sealed until last week! Our reps have samples but were sworn to secrecy until launch.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I still got love for you Ronnie:) No one has seen this application, we've been keeping our lips tightly sealed until last week! Our reps have samples but were sworn to secrecy until launch.
Thanks..... I guess I'll have to punch Jay square in the mouth next time he's in....and rifle through his stuff....:D

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
pardon my ignorance please, but what do you mean by extreme wash, does that mean it has been washed multiple times? or is that a type of the h2o film?
The film has the ability to render two different finishes depending on pressure. The extreme wash renders a sort of washed distressed look using lite pressure.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Received my sample today....orange. Thought I'd put together a couple of Halloween inspired shirts for my wife and I. I've gotta say, I was pretty surprised how these turned out.

First, this stuff is very easy to weed. I've got a Laserpoint 24" and I set my speed to 40 and my pressure to 100. Pretty new blade also. No problems with cutting or weeding.

Secondly, after weeding I setup my Hotronix Draw press to 400 degrees with a pressure of 6. I figured I'd try the "original wash" technique. I used a 100% cotton Gildan Black shirt for the test. Pre-pressed the shirt for a few seconds and then pressed the design for 20 seconds and peeled immediately. Results are below

My thoughts.....WOW! Very soft feel. Doesn't have the "plastic" feel that I get from the other brand of vinyl I use (Siser Easyweed). I was pretty surprised that the image turned out grey, but it still looks good on the black shirt. I guess I was expecting some hint of orange. I'm curious to see what other color of shirts are used for the test print.

Anyway, I think this stuff is gonna be great. I can't wait to try some other fun stuff with it.

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
I was pretty surprised that the image turned out grey, but it still looks good on the black shirt. I guess I was expecting some hint of orange. I'm curious to see what other color of shirts are used for the test print.
Great results!
Seems it is as easy as Josh made it look!
Interesting result from the orange vinyl. Orange isn't on the list of H20 compatible vinyls on Stahls's site. Maybe they haven't tested that color as much. I would assume every color is compatible.
I like the grey color it achieved. My biggest concern is with something like this, if I am going for a grey look, or a white look using the pink vinyl, I don't want to risk any chance of the color coming through.
I wonder how the white Superfilm reacts to this application. That would seem best for white designs.
Looking forward to getting a chance to test test this material out!

·
Registered
347 Posts
In the video on this stuff, it says that the vinyl comes out different colors on various colored shirts. So if you printed on a white shirt, it would most likely be orange.

I think this looks awesome and I can't wait until I get my cutter to start playing with this stuff.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Great results!
Seems it is as easy as Josh made it look!
Interesting result from the orange vinyl. Orange isn't on the list of H20 compatible vinyls on Stahls's site. Maybe they haven't tested that color as much. I would assume every color is compatible.
I like the grey color it achieved. My biggest concern is with something like this, if I am going for a grey look, or a white look using the pink vinyl, I don't want to risk any chance of the color coming through.
I wonder how the white Superfilm reacts to this application. That would seem best for white designs.
Looking forward to getting a chance to test test this material out!
The orange referenced is probably the neon orange which is compatible. The color should reflect the color on the back of the film, which would be a duller orange. Also - if pressed on white it would be orange, we had someone post a photo over on our Facebook page on a white and black tee. The color of the shirt causes the shift in color of the result...it's interesting to see the almost gray or olive color. The black shirt I did in this post (first photo) was done with neon orange and metallic silver.

As far as getting white, the back of the pink is white and performed with repeated accuracy in testing, so it is recommended for achieving white. The white Super Film may work, but is not an approved color based on our initial tests and consistent results.

Hopefully this helps:)

·
Registered
83 Posts
As far as getting white, the back of the pink is white and performed with repeated accuracy in testing, so it is recommended for achieving white. The white Super Film may work, but is not an approved color based on our initial tests and consistent results.

Thanks Josh. It will be fun to watch as more real life photos come in showing different results and combos.
I am excited to try this technique.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
The orange referenced is probably the neon orange which is compatible. The color should reflect the color on the back of the film, which would be a duller orange. Also - if pressed on white it would be orange, we had someone post a photo over on our Facebook page on a white and black tee. The color of the shirt causes the shift in color of the result...it's interesting to see the almost gray or olive color. The black shirt I did in this post (first photo) was done with neon orange and metallic silver.

Guess I should post these here too. Sorry, Josh.

I got the orange CCH20 and I put it on black and white mini-tees. The medium pressure transfers came out nice. The orange turns a greenish gray on black material, and it was a pale orange on the white material. I love the feel, very soft hand.

My problem started when I tried to do the extreme wash or light pressure transfer. The bottom of every print I tried faded out or didn't print at all. After 4 tries I finally looked at the press and discovered that on light pressure there is a 1/4 inch gap in between the heat plate and the bottom platen on my clamshell press. Arghhh. It also changed colors as the pressure lessened. At the top it started off greenish gray and was a grayish orange by the time it faded out.

Attachments

·
Registered
911 Posts
@lben, That fade at the bottom of the blach shirt is actually a nice effect.

How would you guys describe the ease of weeding...specifically-can you get really fine detail compared to say...thermoflex or other good brand vinyls?
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
@lben, That fade at the bottom of the blach shirt is actually a nice effect.

How would you guys describe the ease of weeding...specifically-can you get really fine detail compared to say...thermoflex or other good brand vinyls?
Thanks.
The effect on the crosses looked nice, too bad the word mail at the bottom didn't show up. I'm not even sure how to fix the clam shell so that when I close it, it closes all the way from the back to the front. The front is where the 1/4 inch gap is at. Very frustrating, but certainly explains why I was having so much trouble with transfers at the front of the machine...

I had some pretty hairy detail in the hands and it weeded out nicely. But on a couple of the E's a tip of one would pull off. But I didn't notice any problems printing them.

1 - 20 of 169 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.