T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not tried the super film h2o technique yet but heard that different colors react differently. I need a vegas gold color on a black shirt. Would that work?

Sent from my DROIDX using T-Shirt Forums

· Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On the superfilm or premium plus? I though super film was a sticky carrier which did much better. **thinking now** Can I do this CCH2O on premium plus too? I just remember that some colors acted differently like the white turned pink on the cch2o method. I need to get a sample pretty quickly to try this out I guess. Maybe Josh will chime in or Nick. I realize that this is pretty new technique, but I've got a customer that's been getting dtg gold on black and I think I can duplicate it or get pretty close with cch2o method without any hand on the garment. I hope to anyway.

· Registered
270 Posts
I have not tried the gold, but I can almost guarantee you that it will not show up. If it does, it will not be gold. You really have to play around with this stuff to see what works and what color garment it works on, which unfortunately, can get very expensive. I have had two rolls of the pink to get the white, and I still cannot get any color to show up on any color shirt. Another problem I have is getting consistency with it. One shirt will look great with great coverage, another will be totally distressed looking.

If you want something to show up well on black, try the grey. Does really well.

· Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hopefully one of the Stahl's guys will come on and help me out on this. I don't mind ruining a foot of the material or a shirt, but never a roll. I don't have that much sitting around to experiment. But I know the Stahl's guys do. Hopefully they'll either give me some pretty good information on it or just tell me it's impossible. It's a shame if it won't work though because I think this would be a great shirt to have it on.

· Registered
1,763 Posts
I have not tried the super film h2o technique yet but heard that different colors react differently. I need a vegas gold color on a black shirt. Would that work?

Sent from my DROIDX using T-Shirt Forums
Here is a thread that shows the various Superfilm colors with the CCH2O technique across various t-shirt colors. Hopefully this helps: http://www.t-shirtforums.com/cad-cut-h2o-beta-innovation/t132302.html#post781042

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

· Registered
1,763 Posts
I have not tried the gold, but I can almost guarantee you that it will not show up. If it does, it will not be gold. You really have to play around with this stuff to see what works and what color garment it works on, which unfortunately, can get very expensive. I have had two rolls of the pink to get the white, and I still cannot get any color to show up on any color shirt. Another problem I have is getting consistency with it. One shirt will look great with great coverage, another will be totally distressed looking.

If you want something to show up well on black, try the grey. Does really well.
We did have a problem with the Pink material, specifically delivering "clear" results instead of white. This should be corrected and I trust the replacement roll worked? Let us know if you have stuff you can't use due to the clear result and we will issue a return & credit or replacement.

If your having problems with consistency it could be pressure related. The lighter the pressure the less saturation of color. If you go with a very firm pressure you will get the most saturation this process can deliver. Also just like discharge screen printing, different blanks with deliver different results and since the product is transparent, the mixing of colors can get tricky. My recommendation is to select a few styles or colors of shirts that you want to offer CCH2O on and heat apply the color swatch book to see and show the results. We offer free swatches at this link: Swatches | Stahls

Let me know if you have any additional questions or PM me if you'd like to pursue a return or exchange for the roll of pink.

Thanks for the business and for trying the material!

· Registered
229 Posts
I have not had any problems with getting good results with the pink SuperFilm to get a white imprint. I have even used the gray and that looks pretty close to the pink on dark colors like black. You aren't going to get a WHITE imprint....it is going to look more like a light one hit white.

· Registered
1,965 Posts
I though super film was a sticky carrier which did much better.
No, Superfilm does not have a tacky carrier. You are probably talking about Sportfilm Lite. We suggest that vinyl to people that are struggling with Premium Plus.

Can I do this CCH2O on premium plus too?
No, this method only works with Superfilm.

I just remember that some colors acted differently like the white turned pink on the cch2o method. I need to get a sample pretty quickly to try this out I guess. Maybe Josh will chime in or Nick. I realize that this is pretty new technique, but I've got a customer that's been getting dtg gold on black and I think I can duplicate it or get pretty close with cch2o method without any hand on the garment. I hope to anyway

I would get some of our free swatches and experiment to see what the results are: Swatches | Stahls

· Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So... Super film has the same problems weeding that premium plus does? I plan on getting a yard (wish you sold the sheet in super film) soon because if that doesn't work then I'll need to get to getting this done on a screen. Is there a cross reference table that has every heat vinyl lined up with their different attributes like sticky backing, etc...? Or are just your premium plus and super film the only non tacky backings? I was able to get pretty decent results with the premium plus but it's not something you can weed in a hurry (unless you're Courtney in the video). My results were much different than that, but still on a usable basis. I won't be reordering PP again though because of it. I guess I'll just order the super film and see.

· Registered
1,763 Posts
So... Super film has the same problems weeding that premium plus does? I plan on getting a yard (wish you sold the sheet in super film) soon because if that doesn't work then I'll need to get to getting this done on a screen. Is there a cross reference table that has every heat vinyl lined up with their different attributes like sticky backing, etc...? Or are just your premium plus and super film the only non tacky backings? I was able to get pretty decent results with the premium plus but it's not something you can weed in a hurry (unless you're Courtney in the video). My results were much different than that, but still on a usable basis. I won't be reordering PP again though because of it. I guess I'll just order the super film and see.
Here is a link that compares attributes of the different materials: Heat Transfer Material Comparison Chart | Stahls'

PS Carrier means Pressure Sensitive which is a sticky backing.

On the Premium Plus if you have a sharp blade and an accurate cut you can weed it very quickly, but for detailed designs, you're right - its not the most production friendly. You should try Fashion Film if you are looking for a basic film for high detail and a very sticky backing...if you are looking for the CCH2O effect then it will have to be Superfilm. Will gladly send out a sample piece if you PM your address info.

· Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I sent you a pm after you posted with my info but still haven't heard back. I ordered some of your sports film lite and your fashion film. Very disappointed in your sports film lite too. I guess I don't understand because it's not sticky on the backing. You can't do much detail (just like Premium plus) and once it pops off it doesn't really stick back at all. Glad I just got a little of the sports film lite. Looks like I'm going to be a fashion film fan. I did a nice intricate design and it held great. Even on the ultra small lettering when one letter popped off I could just stick it right back and it held nice and tight to the carrier. I would like to try out the gold superfilm to see if I can get the desired effect. Just right now I don't want to buy a whole yard of it just to be disappointed again.

You have premium plus and sports film lite listed as a ps carrier, but they aren't. Is your fashion film the lightest vinyl with a real PS carrier? I realize it doesn't seem like it, but I really am trying to get this to work out and use Stahl's products. I'm going to press the fashion film to make sure it gives the desired result once on the garment.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.