T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a refillable ink cartridge that doesn't work in my C88 printer. The only difference in this one cartridge is that, when looking at the clear side of the cart, it does not show ink in that center circle piece. Is there a way for me to fix it?

:confused:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My issue has been resolved. I needed to prime the cartridge by pushing air into the cart which in turn forced ink into the "circle".

Thanks for everythng!

Duke:D

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Good news, glad to hear that, Duke! :) I was thinking, would you mind sharing what ink cart system you have, in case someone else has the problem? You were nice enough to post the solution that worked for you, if someone has that system, you may have left them the answer, and that someone might turn out to be me!! Lol, I am looking at re-fill carts for my own c88+, and wondering if I'll run into the same issue, so I was wondering what system you bought. Thanks so much for your time. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought the refillable carts for my C88+ at InkJetCarts.us The reason I like the company is that they provided a CD about how to do the install, tech support and mainitenance files with the carts. Refillable carts don't last forever so, to me, it was important to have a reliable company to turn to when replacing carts.

I originally purchased a CIS from Superjetusa, but parts were missing and the support was not up to my standards. I don't even use it because the refillables are easier, in my opinion.

The ink I am using is Everlast pigment based ink that is sold by Coastal. I am very pleased with the results using the Coastal's Everlast Dark inkjet transfer paper and their Jet Dark (it is a little cheaper but still great for colors!).

Hope this helps!

Duke:)

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Sure does help!! That is the system I am looking at. :) Thanks from me for coming back and posting - I just may need this info! :)

Ok, that Everlast Dark is the same paper as Ironall Dark, which is my fav. (Same exact paper, different names). How is your Everlast Dk acting? Any problems?

Have you seen the posts on the boards about the problems with Ironall Darks? Some of us were wondering if the papers being sold by other suppliers, like the Everlast Dark, had any issues. Thanks, twice! :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did not know Everlast and Ironall were the same. Thanks!

I have not had any issues with the ink colors whatsoever. And getting this quality from the small C88+ printer with the pigment ink really impresses me.

Duke:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts