T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi can some one help me i have just fitted new print head and new ribbon cable i powered it up ok but now the carraige moves and and bangs up against the end and stays there, with error red light flashing the encoader strip was good before i changed the printhead, i have to say i did not have any dampers in the carriage as for the ribbon cant realy install it in correctly or can you has any one had this problem,
nigel

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the carriage moves directly to the left to the end and is also not lined up with the ink pad underneath i.e its travelled to far and jams stays there any ideas

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Are you absolutely certain the encoder strip is going through the slot on the back of the printhead? Have you cleaned the encoder strip?

I had a similar problem, turns out I put the encoder strip back in upside down...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the thing is the person who sold me this had me over the heads were blocked i think he tryed to clean them i replaced the cables and head befor i did this the carraige seemed to run along fine but after fitting the head and cable it goes right to the end and stays there i have not taken the encoader out so it should be the same but it now goes past its location i think the seller new its state i have loads of work for it and no way im going to to it any looking for help so the encoader is still as it was

·
Registered
121 Posts
I've had the same problem, check and make sure you have the smaller of the 2 cables that plugs ito the printhead all the way in. take it back out and plug in again. Somestimes it doesn't get all the way in. Just a thought.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've had the same problem, check and make sure you have the smaller of the 2 cables that plugs ito the printhead all the way in. take it back out and plug in again. Somestimes it doesn't get all the way in. Just a thought.
`yes you are right thats what it was my next prob is the bed ejects comes to its end but the only way i can stop the moter from keepingoing is to power down
then the next prob is it prints ok sort of fine with epson driver but when i put it in rippro i get next to nothing from the heads have you had this or some one els
nigel

·
Registered
52 Posts
Print head jamming
Not printing correctly
Bed not ejecting correctly

The first thing I would have to ask is did you have all these problems before installing the new print head? If so then you must have done something wrong when installing the new head. Check all the ribbon cables. Are they connected correctly? Are any pinched or cut? Did you spill any liquids? Clean your encoder strip, did you get something on it? Maybe put your old head back in and see if the problems still exist. Unplug the machine (from the wall) for 10 minutes and allow it to reset.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
121 Posts
Nigel, when you set up the rip pro you have certain folders to set up. i really don't understand it all so tech support at swf did it for me. i guessing something isn't programmed right in the rip pro. Sorry but I can't help with that.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Print head jamming
Not printing correctly
Bed not ejecting correctly

The first thing I would have to ask is did you have all these problems before installing the new print head? If so then you must have done something wrong when installing the new head. Check all the ribbon cables. Are they connected correctly? Are any pinched or cut? Did you spill any liquids? Clean your encoder strip, did you get something on it? Maybe put your old head back in and see if the problems still exist. Unplug the machine (from the wall) for 10 minutes and allow it to reset.
Hope this helps
you see i was in nz when this arrived at our shop i bought it on trust did not get to see this thing for some 4 weeks any way i could see that the he had tryed cleaning the head did not work for him any way with the blocked head in bed eject did the same so that prob was there before i bought new head dampers all the stuff cable ok one i pushed the cable to the carrige in properly any i have a bed eject power problem now a moter that will not stop when its fully ejected
nigel

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nigel, when you set up the rip pro you have certain folders to set up. i really don't understand it all so tech support at swf did it for me. i guessing something isn't programmed right in the rip pro. Sorry but I can't help with that.
hay no probs i have spent so much dosh on this thing and not printed a thing some what lost faith in it, turning work away now, how do you get on with yours does it do what you want

nigel

·
Registered
121 Posts
Nigel, don't give up, I was in the same boat and really thought of turning my into an anchor but after many headaches and sleepless nights my running great. Just a little info, check your humidity in the room mine is at 55-60% and my machines run a whole lot smoother, also leave on 24 7 after you get all the bugs worked out you will love it. I don't know if I can help but I'll try,theres a lot of good help on here.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Your best bet is to contact you distributor or DTG themselves. Somehow the encoder sensor is not able to read establish where the carriage unit is located. There can be many reasons for this. 1) the encoder sensor itself is malfunctioning due to any of multiple reason (shorted out, contact with the ribbon cable is not flush) 2) bad motherboard.

This kind of error needs to be troubleshoot by someone who has a good understanding of how the mechanics of the machine work. It is fixable but the problem can lie in a multitude of areas. It is most likely in the encoder sensor but you need to know how far along the machine progresses in it's initialization. For instance when you start the machine up does it begin it "startup phase" and immediatly scan over to the left and fail or does it go through some of the "startup phase " and then fail. This can give you a good idea to what part of the is failing. If it does it righ away than it is most likely in the encoder sensor or the ribbon cables to the printhead as this is the first "region" of the machine that the motherboard tries to communicate with. If it goes through some of its startup, than it can be the motherboard.

I tend to think it might be your ribbon cables as that is what you changed and it is easy to damage them. but either way call your tech support and spend some time with them. Either way DTG has a great support staff so they should be able to help troubleshoot with you but it may take some time.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Your best bet is to contact you distributor or DTG themselves. Somehow the encoder sensor is not able to read establish where the carriage unit is located. There can be many reasons for this. 1) the encoder sensor itself is malfunctioning due to any of multiple reason (shorted out, contact with the ribbon cable is not flush) 2) bad motherboard.

This kind of error needs to be troubleshoot by someone who has a good understanding of how the mechanics of the machine work. It is fixable but the problem can lie in a multitude of areas. It is most likely in the encoder sensor but you need to know how far along the machine progresses in it's initialization. For instance when you start the machine up does it begin it "startup phase" and immediatly scan over to the left and fail or does it go through some of the "startup phase " and then fail. This can give you a good idea to what part of the is failing. If it does it righ away than it is most likely in the encoder sensor or the ribbon cables to the printhead as this is the first "region" of the machine that the motherboard tries to communicate with. If it goes through some of its startup, than it can be the motherboard.

I tend to think it might be your ribbon cables as that is what you changed and it is easy to damage them. but either way call your tech support and spend some time with them. Either way DTG has a great support staff so they should be able to help troubleshoot with you but it may take some time.

Hope this helps!
hay thanks for your help kind of you to put your self out, but have to say looking at getting some thing els now got to much work here to mess about and am not getting alot of joy

nigel

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm having the same exact problem! The printhead carriage slams to the left and grinds gears and then error eject until I power down. I bought it a few days ago, when I got it home it was running just fine. It wasn't pulling ink through the lines so I took the printer apart. While I was looking around inside the printer, I must've hit the power button or something because it turned on and then started doing this! I've removed the printhead and am probably going to remove the carriage as well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts