T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Anyone having trouble cutting on the carbon fiber material by Stahls?
CAD-CUT® Carbon Fiber Heat Transfer Material | Stahls’ ID

I got mine a couple weeks ago, tried to cut a design out last week, and it would not sit on the cutter and keeps separating from its carrier, shifting everything and putting cuts all over the material.
Although I'm not happy to hear you're having problems, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. I too only ordered a yard to try it and while I managed to get one deign cut out of it, the second one I cut I left sitting on a table overnight and it peeled COMPLETELY off of it's backing in almost the whole thing. Do you have a problem with it peeling off the plastic even before you touch it? I'm afraid to even use it anymore, which is a shame cuz it's awesome.

· Registered
1,763 Posts
Hi All - we have corrected this issue with Carbon Fiber and have a made a change to the pressure sensitive carrier. If you would like a sample of the new version PM me. Would be happy to send out the 1y cuts as replacements for your trouble and also see if you have stock that needs exchanged.

Josh

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi All - we have corrected this issue with Carbon Fiber and have a made a change to the pressure sensitive carrier. If you would like a sample of the new version PM me. Would be happy to send out the 1y cuts as replacements for your trouble and also see if you have stock that needs exchanged.

Josh
I'm still having issues with the Carbon. Just picked up a yard today. Instructions say to peel off pink layer before cutting, but the material has too much resistance and the blade holder just grabs at it, therefore there's no way of proceeding with a job.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.