T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. Have been lurking for some time but need some specific answers to a question I have. I'm looking for a small press to do our neck labels on. I don't want to have to flip the shirts inside out. I've read that a cap press works well and can do the same job that the small label presses do with the additional perk of being able to do caps as well. What I'm wondering is, for those of you that have used a cap press as well as a label press,
Does it take longer to use the cap press because of the curved surface? What are the disadvantages of both presses?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Hi Chad,
Welcome to the forum!
The main advantage to having a cap press for me is being able to get into tight spots with the press. It is difficult to press near seams and collars with a full size press. Also it uses much less power and heats up faster than a full size press. It's great to have for any small jobs, like crest logo's, sleeve embellishments and so on. The curve does not get in the way or make it more difficult to do any small job I want to do. I feel a good hat press is a great addition to a full size heat press, and I am very happy I decided to add one to my shop.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
I agree, I use mine for neck labels, sleeve prints, as well as small prints on the back of the shirt near the neck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow, so many quick replies when you should all be out pampering your mothers! thanks so much for the info as this will make my decision much easier.

does anyone have a reason why I should get a smaller label press (approx 6"x6") rather than the cap press?

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
If you get a cap press you can do caps and labels not sure you can do the curve of a cap with a label printer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
good thread! This is one of the items I was thinking about buying to squeeze on numbers onto shorts or sleeves without a lot of clearance.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Now that some of you recommend a cap press for neck labels. Is there a particular model you recommend?
I would recommend stay with a brand name hat press, no ebay made in China stuff. I bought a used HIX press for about 200 bucks that I am very happy with.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
I got a used Hix off Ebay for $120. It is so old I believe it was the first model off the assembly line, probably the prototype :) but it works GREAT!!! I have had it 4 years and not one problem with it. If you find a good used one grab it.

·
Registered
443 Posts
so i was also wondering what would be best solution for labels, i got a cap press, here is a video showing it works perfect, i think even better than a flat platen

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEK38kL2VHs[/MEDIA]

·
Registered
87 Posts
so i was also wondering what would be best solution for labels, i got a cap press, here is a video showing it works perfect, i think even better than a flat platen

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEK38kL2VHs[/media]
GREAT IDEA with the wire brush!!!

I've just stumbled upon a hat press similar to this one for a great price.
Decided I'd search more on here about it.
And like before, I always find great ideas and extremely useful information.

THANK YOU ALL!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts