T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a thought ..... Can you use the big a$$ barrel of 782 cleaning fluid to clean the capping station and wiper?Those dinky wash solution bottles cost a fortune :D

·
Registered
424 Posts
The maintenance solution is too mild to effectively clean the ink from the capping station. We've tried it and it is much easier to use 1-2 drops of the cleaning solution than to keep reapplying the maintenance solution.

How much cleaning solution are your using per cap clean? I usually have about 1/2 a bottle left after cleaning 1 side and doing the edges of the CMYK print heads. A full bottle cleans both the left and right sides for us.

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
The maintenance solution is specifically designed for the white ink and the cleaning solution is designed for the CMYK ink. I would not recommend mixing the cleaning solution and the white ink together through the ink lines or directly on the print heads. If you are going to use the cleaning fluid on the white caps, then make sure that you wipe the caps down on the outside to prevent excess cleaning fluid from puddling up there. Just my opinion.

Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts