T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Ive got a screen that simply doesnt want to be reclaimed.
I tired my Acidic solution, many times, AND i took it to a car wash pressure washer. Nothing.
it still is unusable, with still a lot of emulsion in patches.
Any ideas to conquer this stubborn Screen?
Merci

·
Registered
243 Posts
Re-screen. There are some places that can recover, but what is it worth? If you can't re-screen yourself... this might be your only option.

Maybe someone else will have a few tricks you can try?

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Sometimes remeshing is a lot nicer than the grating insanity caused by a tricky screen. And think about how much your time is worth if it refuses to budge....more than a new mesh?

·
Registered
65 Posts
ffokazak said:
Hey guys. Ive got a screen that simply doesnt want to be reclaimed.
I tired my Acidic solution, many times, AND i took it to a car wash pressure washer. Nothing.
it still is unusable, with still a lot of emulsion in patches.
Any ideas to conquer this stubborn Screen?
Merci
That's wierd, i was just going to post a new thread about the same problem. it's so frustrating, the majority of my screen washed out except for a few random patches that refuse to come out. where can I get new mesh (110, or possibly slightly higher just to try it out) and how much? also, how what are the steps to remesh?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the same problem - I have about 5 screens that won't wash out. Looks like I will have to have them remeshed - but I don't know where to get them remeshed! Does anyone know of a economical place to get screens remeshed???

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"Did you leave your stencil remover to dry on the screen?
If you did this will cause the emulsion to "lock on"
If you have a haze remover style product then try this on it.
If it does not work the remeshing is your only answer."

What is this stencil remover?
im not sure if i use the same terminology?
is that the screen reclaim?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Stencil remover - a liquid or paste you apply to your emulsion to break it down and remove it.
It is a mild acid and salt mix that dissolves the emulsion.
If you leave it on the screen and it dries it cross links the emulsion and you end up with a permanent stencil.
The only way to get rid of that is to use a caustic paste ie C.P.S. haze remover.
If I'm allowed I'll post links to web site that discribes these products.
Phil

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
and this caustic paste will get out ANY stubborn emulsion? If it does im very happy, becasue for some reason i am having a little trouble with this. thanks guys!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts