T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi , having a problem using the 'gimp' software my image im trying to print is in the a3 size yet when it prints out it looks about a4?! im using an a3 brother printer inwhich its set to a3 size but the image settings on gimp wont go any larger than a4? why is this? how can i get the size im after??
any help would be much appreciated
thanks
scott

· Registered
736 Posts
My copy of GimPhoto+GimPad started doing weird things. When you go to print, go into the paper settings and tell it to ignore borders and print at 100% (make sure you don't accidentally enlarge it either). My Epson has .12" borders but GimPad tried to take off .75".

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
when i go to the print option there is the image setting option inwhich its set so i cant go past a4 even though the image itself is in a3. ive tried going through the dialogues option but doesnt seem to help??
surely gimp doesnt just print up to a4?!!!

· Registered
736 Posts
When you go to Print, first make sure you have an A3 printer selected. Then go into Image Settings. First check Ignore Page Margins (for some reason my copy won't let me pick it afterward), then go to Adjust Page Size & Orientation, pick A3 and whatever orientation your image is set up for, then go back and try printing. You may want to test this on scrap paper with an A3 image that's simply a thin light grey border around the edge so you know it prints to full size without using a lot of ink.

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it doesnt seem to save what i do ...meaning i switch it to print a3 then click apply then go back into the option where it states a4 once again. as i said the image settings option will not go past a4 size i somehow need to work out how to increase that as i reckon that is causing the problem. really appreciate your help that you're giving!

· Registered
736 Posts
I'm not quite sure what else you could try, maybe someone else can jump in here. The only thing I can think of is to uninstall GIMP (make sure all directories, etc, are really gone) and reinstall it if something "went wrong". If you're not using GimPhoto+GimPad you should try it, it gives it a much better interface if you're using Windows. Make sure you read the instructions on what directories absolutely have to be deleted for it to work.

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i was using the standard gimp software so i have installed the gimphoto and gimpad as u said. i printed an image out but it still turns out a4 size. so i went to start from scratch with this image yet cant use any tools?! except paint brush!? why is this?

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
right, have worked out the paint brush prob! u only need to open up gimpad rather than both apps! my bad! but still no closer to find out how i cant print an a3 image. just to get u in the picture im wanting to print an image of a model in the newspaper halftone effect. all is fine until i print the image out!

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i have managed to correct the problem of not being able to print a full a3 image..........by using different software! i downloaded a trial of corel's paintshop pro x4 and it worked fine! the halftoning option seems easier and a bit better too! looks like they can be picked up quite cheap on ebay too . thought i would let u know incase u wanted to give it a try.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.