T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A customer just sent me an eps file and I cannot open it in X3. I keep getting an error message after the processing note from corel. Could they have some filter or special effect in the image that corel can't read?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jason,

I tried opening and importing. Both came up with the same result. I just emailed the file to Challenger. We'll see if he can figure something out.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
The new versions of Illustrator when saving as eps can't be opened by Corel. have you customer send you the file as a pdf

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info John, I'll file that away. It turns out the image had effects like bevel, glow, and all sorts of junk. I had the customer remove the effect and resave it. That worked. Now I have to try and figure out how to put all of their shading and effects back on.

Thanks,
mark

·
Registered
119 Posts
Mark, it looks like the file is corrupted, I did try to open, import and place it, but it sends an Unknown error. Contact your customer and let him know. If you receive another file and you can't still open it, I will help you.
Thanks,
Challenger

·
Registered
141 Posts
I had the same problem recently with a customer who brought in a file saved as eps created with Illustrator, so I had him bring it in as an .ai format, had no problem openning that one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts