T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've been heat pressing normal plastisol heat transfers for years and do it well. Recently I decided to try some rhinestones and glitter beads type of pre-made heat transfer designs.

I follow the instructions exactly but never can peel off the transfer paper without some beads pulling off and sticking to the transfer paper. :( I've tried a few different brands and get the same results.

I have a newer hotronix fusion heat press that works great. So it's not the machine. Any tips on why I can't get the stones or beads to stick to the shirt? The ones that do stick seem to be on the shirt very well. I just always have some that come off with the transfer paper. Thank you. :)

· Registered
1,886 Posts
Those look like spangles to me, what temp are you pressing at and are you peeling them hot, warm or cold? We press ours @ 310 for 15 seconds peeling them while warm. Did they send you any replacements? In case that happened? I always include them when I send out transfers.

· Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those look like spangles to me, what temp are you pressing at and are you peeling them hot, warm or cold? We press ours @ 310 for 15 seconds peeling them while warm. Did they send you any replacements? In case that happened? I always include them when I send out transfers.
Hi. The website says to use 375 at medium pressure for 7-10 seconds and peel very cold. No they did not send any replacements. I ordered 6 of 2 different styles. Both had the same problem.

· Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just called there Bill, a lady told me they are Glitter ink, that would explain the $1.35 price tag then.
Thanks for calling them. So it's not what you sell then? I am clueless about all the different glitter, beads and rhinestone stuff. Feel free to PM me if you want to give me more info about what you have. Thanks again,

Bill

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.