T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
jimiyo is trying to help me out. I downloaded the free vector set at Vector Freebie from jimiyo: Animals|GoMediaZine
& it will not open in CorelDraw X3 or Xara X. I have downloaded another free vector set & it opened just fine. I don't know if it is because of the way they set the file up or what, but I would really love to have these designs if anyone could lend me a hand.
Thanks,
Ray

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I gave it a shot, opened fine in Illy CS2, but no go for Corel. I tried resaving it into a few different EPS formats and still had issues. Copying the vectors into a new file and saving it seems to work fine, however it does not have the gomedia blurb on it (might be part of the issue).

·
Registered
97 Posts
I gave it a shot, opened fine in Illy CS2, but no go for Corel. I tried resaving it into a few different EPS formats and still had issues. Copying the vectors into a new file and saving it seems to work fine, however it does not have the gomedia blurb on it (might be part of the issue).
Thanks Joe,
I was thinking that would work by copying & saving in a new file, but I did not have a program to do that with. I sent you a pm.
Thanks,
Ray

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Hi Ray, I also, have had trouble with a freebie download from this site. Trying to open in X3, no go. I've tried many different fixes none worked. I posted a similar question a few days ago.
Mike

·
Registered
75 Posts
Also try saving as a pdf file and then opening up in Corel or Illustrator. I have had issues where a Illustrator and eps file wouldnt open but saved as pdf and worked fine.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Not to sound dense, how do you save an .eps file created with AI as a .pdf file, when I can't open the file. I'm using X3 and XP. Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
75 Posts
good question, i run on MAC OS so I usually just rename the file so if its draw.eps simply rename it too draw.pdf it should give you an option to keep the new file format and say yes.

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
The EPS file won't open with X4 or Inkscape.

If Illustrator gives you the option of saving in SVG, you might try that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts