T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have watched the video a ton of times and Theresa has walked me through it too. Got a long flathead screwdriver. Got it in the right hole. Keep turning it to the left but NOTHING. Will not "unlock" the cartridge for me to get in there and clean.

I lightly push the print head every other second as my other hand is screwing to the left. NOTHING. I am so pissed. I have been messing with this darn machine for a few hours and now they are closed.

I know I have it in the right spot, when I take my hand off the screwdriver it stands in place. And I can feel the mechanics moving as I spin it to the left. What am I doing wrong?

Anyone have this happen before? Any suggestions? I have powered it on and of to try to reset it, nothing. no luck (story of my life!)

Thanks in advance!

· Registered
4,817 Posts
I also believe that if you put your hand under the maintenance station, there is a white wheel that the you can turn toward the back of the printer that will release the print head. This was the way that you had to do it if you had one of the earlier Anajet printers. I believe that it also shows up in the Anajet Owners Manual that describe both ways - or it use to be. You can also do it the way Sean mentioned.

Mark

· Registered
431 Posts
I also believe that if you put your hand under the maintenance station, there is a white wheel that the you can turn toward the back of the printer that will release the print head. This was the way that you had to do it if you had one of the earlier Anajet printers. I believe that it also shows up in the Anajet Owners Manual that describe both ways - or it use to be. You can also do it the way Sean mentioned.

Mark

I have a recent Anajet and use this method as well. The service screw technique (no pun intended) just didn't work for me.

· Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm I never bother with screw....

I turn of and on and when head move to align when warming up I turn it off Lol

Head is loose and ready for cleaning :)
That is what I kept telling Theresa I was going to do! ha ha! It works for my sublimation (that's what sawgrass told me to do). But I found another way....

So like I said before, I tried to unscrew for minutes at a time, nothing. I would turn it off and and and sneak up on it like it was my first time and still no luck.

So once while I was turning it off and on, I thought, why not just try it while it is on. So that's what I did, I unscrewed while it was on and Voila, the print head carriage, slid over like it was suppose to. And I cleaned it with it on (it was the only way).

And a big Thank you to Theresa for staying on the phone with me as I did the whole cleaning, nervously. What a good friend (and we've never eve met in person, just here!) See, this place is wonderful!

Thanks again everyone for listening to me whine. Still can't do it the right way but I got it done! :)

· Registered
72 Posts
Is Theresa and Chris the same person? I spoke with Chris the other day and she was a HUGE help! Thank you Chris/Theresa again!
I got my anajet on Wednesday and after a day or two of software issues am now printing like a champ! I did about 30 perfect shirts in a row this morning and now feel very good about this anajet.
Also, DAGuide was unreal too in helping me get this thing up and running. So thank you again Mark!...
Lastly, Anajet was awesome and their tech support and service were A+. Out of all the companies I have dealt with, Anajet and Equipment Zone have been outstanding. We should start a post rating all the vendors. Maybe that would inspire some of the laggards to improve.

· Registered
4,817 Posts
Also, DAGuide was unreal too in helping me get this thing up and running. So thank you again Mark!...
Not a problem... just forward the Christmas gift you were going to send to Bill Gates for giving us Vista to my address (as long as it does not have a ticking / timer device to it). :D

· Registered
72 Posts
I just spoke with Steve at Anajet and he said definatley do not turn the wheel under the carriage- that you could do serious damage to some pins that hold it in place (they must have addded these to the later Anajets cause the first ones you were able to turn the wheels on)...he did said that shutting it off while print head is in the middle is fine...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.