T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, first i wanted to say thanks to al for the help I have read on this site.

Here is the situation. I have been printing or about a month with dye inks, everything is fine so far. But the more i read it was better to use pigment inks, i finally ordered a new CIS for my epson 1430 and ink from CobraInks. (cis is not from them, and still using the generic ink that came with the CIS until it runs out)

My problem is no matter what settings or printer profile (from cobra) I use, I cant get the colors to match, especially the black. Black comes out very grey and faded. The *best* I can get it is if i DONT us any profile, and have it on printer manages colors, relative colormetric, and no black point compensation (which is not allowed on using the first two settings anyways).

I tried the profiles for dye inks, pigment inks, different paper settings, and have wasted so much ink and paper trying to get this right so I can go back to pressing shirts.

Does anybody have any tips to get the blacks black agian and get the colors as bright as they were with the dye inks? Thanks in advance!

Registered
Same problem I faced recently
But the best is not to use any profile
But I don't know something is wrong with my ink (bought from city ink express uk) it comes good but change color when press (I mean too much different)
Another problem I'm stuck with 馃槥

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mine prints darker than on the screen, the dye ink was very bright and rich. The pigment ink seems dull and flat, which is funny because the bottles are opposite. Also, i noticed if i print on regular paper, it seems a little better, bu printing on 3G jet opaque or JPSS gets flatter.

Right now i can live with it, but still want to try to improve it. I wonder if switching to the non genric will make that big of a difference. I was thinking of draining all the generic out and putting in the cobra ink. But I think I only have the little 2 oz bottles so not much to spare after swapping and clearing lines, etc.

Registered
Same problem I faced recently
But the best is not to use any profile
But I don't know something is wrong with my ink (bought from city ink express uk) it comes good but change color when press (I mean too much different)
Another problem I'm stuck with 馃槥
What heat setting & dwell time are you using, maybe too much heat/time is scorching the print.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did manage to get it a little better today. I made sure all profiles were off and change the default printer property settings too. Then I printed a bunch of test stuff and so far the best setting is this:

- no profile
- printer managers colors
- fix photo: on
- best photo quality
- paper type = premium presentation paper matte (i tried this since i noticed jpss and 3g jet are not glossy and it ended up working)

the black is not 100% the best I would hope for, but id say about 90% maybe. I still need to tweek a little to get the colors slightly more accurate, but i think that's always going to happen so that's probably good for now.

Now i guess we will see how the pigment holds up. I have a test shirt with giant image on back and same giant image on the front as pigment. starting tomorrow I will start washing it with laundry loads and keep track to see if any changes happen.

Still hoping there's a cure all out there, so please feel free to share. Thanks!

Registered
160C for 20 sec
It changes color but I also can ignore that but it also not washing good
After first wash it crakes (not a lot but not looks good)
What shirts are you using, 100% or mix? Have you tried covering your print with a teflon sheet and repressing for a 1-2 seconds after removing the carrier paper, this sets the ink into the fabric and sometimes sharpens the colour.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im back to square 1. lacks are now printing super faded again. I do 2 head cleanings and a sample print to clear nozzles, etc every day before printing. i guess ill have to play around with different paper settings between jpss and 3g

Registered
Hi, first i wanted to say thanks to al for the help I have read on this site.

Here is the situation. I have been printing or about a month with dye inks, everything is fine so far. But the more i read it was better to use pigment inks, i finally ordered a new CIS for my epson 1430 and ink from CobraInks. (cis is not from them, and still using the generic ink that came with the CIS until it runs out)

My problem is no matter what settings or printer profile (from cobra) I use, I cant get the colors to match, especially the black. Black comes out very grey and faded. The *best* I can get it is if i DONT us any profile, and have it on printer manages colors, relative colormetric, and no black point compensation (which is not allowed on using the first two settings anyways).

I tried the profiles for dye inks, pigment inks, different paper settings, and have wasted so much ink and paper trying to get this right so I can go back to pressing shirts.

Does anybody have any tips to get the blacks black agian and get the colors as bright as they were with the dye inks? Thanks in advance!
Cobra pigments you really don't need a profile.

The attached photo is using Cobra Pigments on a 50/50 with JPSS paper and printed on a WF1100 4 color Epson.

The top image is with the profile, the bottom is without the profile.

The top image has more "pop" but technically is not as color accurate as the bottom pic.

Of course irregardless of inks and if using profiles or not, you still need to manage color correctly in your graphic app and your Epson driver must be set correctly too.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.