T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am currently running Windows 7 64 bit and cannot get cutting master 2 or Adobe illustrator to cut the vinyl. I am using a USB connection, have installed the driver and the plugin (as admin), but the plugin is not working correctly with illustrator. I am considering seeing if I need to use CS4 but I'd rather not buy some outdated software. In Illustrator CS5 the plugin gave an error message and I don't see any new options to export or use it.

Whenever I do send anything to the cutter to "print" I hear the fans start blowing the cutting arm moves but then just stops, no error code nothing. When I try to use the cutting master 2 app to open any files (eps, AI) it freezes and crashes. The only other formats it seems to allow are PRT PLT and JOB and I don't know how to export to save as these. I'm dying to start playing with my vinyl cutter but the thought of having to build a spare XP box with CS4 with the printer port adapter just seems like an unnecessary, (and incovenient) cost, not to mention my shop has limited space.

· Registered
665 Posts
Do you know if the CS4 will let you zoom with the mouse roller?

I am using CS3 and I hate having to hold the alt key. ANd even then its not smooth.

Man I wish they made CM2 for Photoshop.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.