T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought the Canon Pixma iX6820 for heat pressing designs on shirts and hoodies. Anyone else use this printer for the same reason? How is the printer? Is there a special Ink needed for garments? Any tips or tricks I would really appreciate.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
i think this is 4 dye colors and a pigment black

which unfortunately does not bode well for any commercial applications as the dye bleeds/fades in washing,
unless they only wash cold and hang to dry (which won't happen)

can you return it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It hasn’t arrived from Amazon yet which one would you recommend ?

i think this is 4 dye colors and a pigment black

which unfortunately does not bode well for any commercial applications as the dye bleeds/fades in washing,
unless they only wash cold and hang to dry (which won't happen)

can you return it?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I like Epson. No matter which printer you buy, get pigment ink. Be careful when buying ink, read the package especially the combo packs. Most combos have pigment black and dye colors, read the label. Combos also give you an XL black but the colors are regular cartridges. I buy my inks (black and colors) individually to ensure I'm getting pigment. I can't discuss off brand inks, I'm not familiar with them because I use the Epson ink.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
for offbrand inks use inkjetcarts.us, cobra ink or inkowl, and get refillable carts, not cis

keep the original carts and put them back in if you need to return the printer or get warranty work done

i would recommend buying it local at staples/best buy/office depot and get the extended warranty

if you get the epson, get the large format model (wf-7710 $179 on sale at office depot if there is one close to you)
this allows for 11"x17" borderless printing

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have been trying to find the right printer for me. How is the WF-7710 I heard some pigment ink printers the heads clog and I may not be using everyday since I'm just starting up. Can you recommend a couple of good inkjet pigment printers?

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
just do a print every couple of days and it should be fine

like i said, get the extended warranty and keep the original carts

other than that you are left with a few select brother models (actually i think it is hp) and refillable carts become more difficult to find

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you too much I am ordering the WF 7710 today glad I didn't use this Canon Pixma which just arrived in the mail today.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts