T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am needing help trying to find a wholesaler who carries bella canvas. I have gotten an account with Technosport and they carry some items, which is great but I am looking for more. I have tried Alphabroder, but they won't give me an account because I do not do promotional or teamwear items. Currently I have been using BlankClothing and T-Shirt.ca but I find they are always out of stock of the items I need. Can anyone help? Or provide me some tips and tricks to getting an account with Alphabroder?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had the same issue with Alpha Broder, even though I have an ASI account. I print my own designs, and sometimes do custom apparel, but it didn't meet their definition of "decorator". I'd try technosport also.

There is also Wordans and Needan, but I feel like all of the online t-shirt "wholesalers" are actually one or two companies. My boxes often come from Alpha Broder when I order from blankclothing.ca or blankapparel.ca. I use multiple companies, and when a colour/size is out of stock on one site, it's often out of stock on all the sites I use. Frustrating.

-Jenn

·
Registered
47 Posts
I never had any problems with them, I order over 8000 dollars with of product from them last year but due to the new location and the new city, I have only ordered $800 worth of stuff this year. But it slowly getting better.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do any of you order from the states? They have WAY more Bella Canvas items and colours. If so where do you order from and are their duties?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would also like to know the answer to this.
* Alpha Broder won't give me an account.
* Sanmar is in the process of discountinuing BC.
* Westmount has dropped them.
* I'm still seeing if Technosport will approve me and what their prices are.

Bella Canvas wholesale (go to the BC website) has good pricing. But I have a feeling they aren't setup to sell to Canada unless you buy by the case or something (?and hire your own freight forwarder?). They will give you an account if you have a PST/HST number.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am trying to decorate apparel but Alpha Broder denied me so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bella Canvas 3001 comes in 41

Prices for Black 3001 Tshirt

Blank Clothing $ 7.77

Wordans $ 7.79

Jiffy Shirts.com (American) sells the 3001 for US3.91 or about $5.20 canadian, which is quite a bit lower than Technosport. At large quantities it could make sense to buy from the US and use crossborderpickups.ca

I signed up for Bella Canvas' wholesale (bellacanvas.com). Not surprisingly, their prices are lower than Jiffy Shirts.com. You can also look at whether the prices for white is the same as the price for colours- if it is, then there's probably some margin on white shirts that they are hanging onto.

For Bella Canvas wholesale, it's unclear to me as to what the ordering process from Canada is like in terms of brokerage fees and minimum sizes.

·
Administrator
14,023 Posts
Please keep in mind that we cannot share specific wholesale pricing from wholesalers who choose to keep their pricing private for their registered customers.

The distributors who require customer registration before seeing wholesale pricing have that setup so that their customer's wholesale pricing isn't available to the general public.​

·
Registered
3 Posts
The best solution seems to switch to Anvil, which doesn't have ridiculous markups in Canada like Bella Canvas.

Triblend Anvil 6750 - maybe I'm crazy but this is a hair softer than the bella canvas 3413. $6.22 for white, $6.90 for colours at TShirt Ideal. Slightly cheaper if you go to Technosport instead of Tshirt Ideal (If you buy from Tshirt Ideal, the box will say Techno Sport on it).

Cotton/poly Anvil 980 - A little less slick when you rub your fingers on this compared to the 6750 ("less soft"). The Anvil website is annoying to figure out which ones are blends and which ones use non-combed cotton. Limited colours for the cotton/poly blends. Very good value. Replaces B+C 3001CVC.

For 100% cotton shirts, I would just go with the Gildan softstyles (or ringspun cotton from other manufacturers). Not quite as soft as the good cotton/poly blends, but excellent value. Can replace B+C 3001. The cotton/poly Gildan softstyle shirts are weird, they feel both soft and scratchy at the same time. Gildan Dryblend is scratchy.

QC on the Bella Canvas and Anvil shirts doesn't seem amazing. The Anvils have a lot of 1-2" threads sitting on the shirt; it's just random garbage that was shipped with the shirt. It's like they don't do QC or have extremely low standards even though their cost of labour is so low.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts