T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to use a high opacity white plasitsol ink as an underbase for an orange waterbased ink, on a black t-shirt...

would use Union Maxopake Plastisol Ink for the white and then for the orange mix up some red and yellow of this waterbased stuff i got off of ebay.

Also whats the difference of the Union Maxopake White vs. the low bleed white?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Greetings,

It is not too likely that this would work. Most water-based inks rely on penetrating fibers or something pourous, and tend not to adhere to plastic.

I'm also not sure why you would want to do this, because the plastisol underbase would take away any of the desirable soft-hand qualities of the water-based inks.

I recommend discharge printing either as an underbase for other water-based inks or pigmented dishcarge. You get super bright and soft results that do not crack or peel over time. I use Matsui.

Another option if you don't want to go the discharge route, is Pavopaque by Pavonine which a water-based ink company that was bought out by Union. Pavopaque is their line ready for use high-opacity water-based inks.

Cheers,

Michael

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Greetings,

It is not too likely that this would work. Most water-based inks rely on penetrating fibers or something pourous, and tend not to adhere to plastic.

I'm also not sure why you would want to do this, because the plastisol underbase would take away any of the desirable soft-hand qualities of the water-based inks.

I recommend discharge printing either as an underbase for other water-based inks or pigmented dishcarge. You get super bright and soft results that do not crack or peel over time. I use Matsui.

Another option if you don't want to go the discharge route, is Pavopaque by Pavonine which a water-based ink company that was bought out by Union. Pavopaque is their line ready for use high-opacity water-based inks.

Cheers,

Michael

i wanted to do it because i didnt want to buy all the plastisol inks, but i guess it was bound to happen sooner or later... i dont care about hand on this job, just wanted to use what i got, but i guess i shouldn't

thanks anyways guys:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts