T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you see me now? Using Reflective Heat Transfer Materials

In my mind, reflective items have always meant safety. We have used reflectors on our bikes to make sure we are seen at night, or reflective letters on the uniforms of the police that work to keep us safe. Until recently, these uniforms have been the only garments where reflective materials were printed. Now, this same material is becoming popular for application onto everyday items used to keep our loved ones safe during outdoor activities. With reflective heat transfer materials and a heat press, keeping customers safe has never been easier. You may already be using these reflective materials to create looks for your local fire or police departments, but here are 5 more ways to use reflective materials in your shops to increase your sales.

1) Active Wear- Adding reflective materials to running or cycling clothing is a great way to keep loved ones who like to go out for an early morning run safe. When decorating active wear with these safety materials, remember to place the reflective designs in places that follow the body’s form or in a movement location. For example, designs can be applied down the legs and arms or across the back the shirt to draw attention to their movements as they run or bike.

2) School Wear – With back to school season just around the corner, how could we not take advantage of this opportunity? Fashionable reflective designs can easily be added across the front of backpacks or the arms of jackets to ensure children are seen by drivers while waiting for the bus on early morning. There are a wide range of reflective heat transfer materials to meet the needs of your customer. Fashionable reflective heat transfers are available in a variety of colors to create looks that are safe and stylish. Remember to offer reflective designs for the crossing guards who work to keep our children safe as well. Adding reflective designs to traditional safety vests worn has never been easier with reflective transfer film strips.

3) Pets- Let’s not forget about keeping Fido, the family dog, safe during those late night walks. Look for reflective heat transfer materials that can be applied on nylon to decorate pet leashes and collars. Fashionable reflective materials can be added to pet apparel designs for safe, chic pet looks.

4) Sport Uniforms- The smell of football season in the air reminds me of the Fright night lights during games. Adding reflective materials to sport uniforms is a great way to make those team uniforms unique and pop under the lights.

5) Fashion Wear- Reflective safety designs don’t have to be “uncool”. Use fashionable reflective materials on everyday fashion designs to keep pedestrians safe while walking the streets. These trendy safety designs are a great way for your customers to stay safe while walking home from a late night dinner but still look stylish while indoors. It’s the perfect compromise between style and safety.

These are just a few of the opportunities with these safety designs. When it comes to heat printing with reflective materials, the possibilities are endless.

Courtney Matlick works in Sales and Business Development for one of T-ShirtForums Preferred Vendors, Stahls’ CADCUTdirect.com and has extensive knowledge of heat applied graphics. For more information, contact Courtney at Courtney[USER=145466]@Cad[/USER]cutdirect.com or visit online at cadcutdirect.com

· Registered
67 Posts
As a biker living in Daytona Beach, I've seen a boom in bright (dayglow style) shirts, some with reflective printing. Until now, I never thought about using it myself for printing, but it might be perfect for some of the shirts I plan to produce. Can you save me a lengthy search and tell me the best (and cheapest) place to get the paper?

Thanks,

Dan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.