T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone run two (or more) printers at the same time from one computer? Can it be done? I have an Epson 1400 and was thinking of buying a second one to double my print rate.

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
I seriously doubt this can be done...each print job has to have a print driver specific to the printer...perhaps if the was splitter inline and the printers were identical..maybe....

·
Registered
112 Posts
Good question :confused:

I'm not sure about printing from the same program to two at once...but I print from different programs to two printers at the same time. Example: I print from a publisher program to my epson and send a job to my cutter or hp printer simultaneously. If you had two identical printers??? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
How would this work Joe...in my programs, I can only select one printer when I send a job to the printer,even though I have several printers connections...true I can print a job to printer on on usb1 and then send another job..same or different program to printer 2 on usb2...but to send at same time to two printers from one program..??? not sure

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
I have 3 printers I can choose from:

My c88+, an old HP laserjet 4 or my cx9400.

When I click the print dialog box, I choose which printer I want to use, and hit print. I just have to make sure the one I want is turned on.

I can ask my hubby how he has this set up if you need me to. I know I do not have one of those old A or B switch boxes he used to have me use... just me, the keyboard, computer and printers.

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Oh sorry, I see. Well. If I wanted to send an image to my C88, I can set it up, hit print, and then right away I can send another new print job (same or different image) to my cx9400, while the c88 is at work.

If I hooked up one of my c120's, I'm sure I could open another dialog box and get that one chiming along while the other two are still printing.

Would that accomplish the same goal?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, that's what I want to do. Print from the same program to two printers. Not necessarily simultaneously, but have both working to print the same file (or maybe different files). I usually print right from photoshop, but couldn't I also print from a picture viewer at the same time? With two different programs, this should be possible. I love my 1400, but I do have to babysit it while it prints. Have to keep adjusting the paper in the feed tray. Sometimes the ink drips too. Have to keep an eye on it. So as long as I'm tied up with it...I may as well be watching another! -N

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Does anyone run two (or more) printers at the same time from one computer? Can it be done? I have an Epson 1400 and was thinking of buying a second one to double my print rate.
I acutally run 3 jobs at one time. I just select which of my printers I want to do what job. I may be printing 100 instruction sheets with one. On another I have 4 x 5 shipping lables printing and on the 3rd I may be printing out invoices. All going same time. However you need to have all printers on a USB system.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Yes. When you hit print, there should be a drop down box or a sceen that shows you the different printers you have available (depending on which program you are using) to choose your printer. Once you hit print and it is sent to that printer's queue, you can hit print again and send it to another printer.

·
Administrator
14,656 Posts
How would this work Joe...in my programs, I can only select one printer when I send a job to the printer,even though I have several printers connections...true I can print a job to printer on on usb1 and then send another job..same or different program to printer 2 on usb2...but to send at same time to two printers from one program..??? not sure
No, that's what i meant. Send the job to printer one, then use the print command to send the job again to printer 2. Then, both printers would be printing at the same time.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I guess it can be done. Just printed from photoshop on my 1400 and also printed from Windows picture viewer on my 880. I guess if it was a 1280 or a 1400 with a different name, it would work fine. Oh Boy! Double my production...Thanks ya'll -N

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
I run three printers all at once as well,
I have 2 inkjets,, and one laser,,
one is usb and 2 are wireless.
i just start one job, designate the printer the job should go to and hit print,
then do to #2 job do the same thing
and then the #3 job.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an epson 1400 that i converted to sublimation and I want to buy another 1400 for all other printing, can I hook both up to one computer???

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
I have an epson 1400 that i converted to sublimation and I want to buy another 1400 for all other printing, can I hook both up to one computer???

Yes. I have had 3 printers hooked up, bc that's how many I have out of the box and running.

In the control panel, for printers, you'll select one of the printers to be your "default" printer.

This is the one the computer will want to use for every job. When you want to use the other one, you'll tell the computer that in the print dialogue box that opens when you start a print job.

The printer you use the most is the one you set up as the default. :)

PS: and :welcome: :)

·
Registered
675 Posts
It can be done. Your vendor should be able to walk you through the setup. If not, please feel free to give me a call. I will more than happy to help.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I also do this in our demo room. We have a 1400 sublijet and a 1400 with Armur Ink on the same computer.

Make sure you have plenty of memory to keep things moving...4 Gig will give you plenty of room to work and print. Anything less than 2 Gig can be really sloooooooooooow...:(

You can also hook up additional devices and printers as well. If you run out of USB ports get a powered USB hub.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts