T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Once you add discharge activator, the shelf life is only a few hours. Is that what you are asking?
No that's not what I'm asking. I asked about reusing discharged ink. As in you use it once, but you mixed to much ink, rather than throw it away, you store it for another future project, then remix more fresh discharge in it again later to use, and so forth. I have moved to using only discharge inks for all of my waterbase printing. The problem is you don't know how much to mix and you never want to throw away unused ink. So if I can use old discharge ink and re-mix it for future projects later on then that would be far less wasteful. I don't see anything wrong with this approach, because the discharge doesn't destroy the ink itself that I know of.

· Registered
4,593 Posts
I mean I understand the shelf life of discharge ink, but can you save the extra ink and re-use it later and even discharge it again later possibly?
The pot-life is referring to the activator loosing its effectiveness after a few hours.
You can reuse the ink without a problem, but you have to activate it again.
Once the activator stops working, it doesn't do anything to the ink.
This applies to both water-based and plastisol discharge.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.