T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I designed a shirt for a race several weeks ago. I just washed one of them and noticed some of the white ink faded/washed out. I used a flash dryer and I'm thinking that maybe the outer edge of the image might not have truely reached 320. Should I put them back under the flash dryer? For how long? Is it to late to do that? What should I do? I still have the shirts. Is there any way to ensure that the same won't happen to the others before I give them to customer? I don't want to burn the ink or cause it to crack. Please help!

· Registered
937 Posts
Yes, you can put them back under the flash for just long enough for the ink to reach the proper cure temperature. Temperature strips, a handheld temp gun, stretch test, and a wash test will help you determine if you're getting them cured properly.

· Registered
937 Posts
That is true. Never cure a shirt on the platens of your press. Build up a table or something that is about the same height as your press platens. Then you will not need to adjust the height of your flash dryer. Flash shirts on press, cure shirts off press.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.