T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
691 Posts
Hi All,
Has anyone tried to print on American Apparel Ribbed Tank tops with a DTG printer?

Thanks for the help!
Yes. It looks horrible. Stay away from ribbed shirts. If you get creative, you can stretch the shirt widthwise so the ink can get into the ribs, but then the image will be messed up and non-proportional, so you have to stretch the image accordingly. Not worth it..

· Registered
96 Posts
Hi All,
Has anyone tried to print on American Apparel Ribbed Tank tops with a DTG printer?

Thanks for the help!

You should experiment with it before you give up on it completely. I did 100 pieces last summer and they came out just fine and the customer loved it because no one else would print them.
For best results, stretch it just a little so the ink drops down into the ribs. It actually looks ok when you wear it because it is stretched a little. But it looks funky when it comes out of the printer.

· Registered
9,952 Posts
We print on them all the time. The customers we do them for like the 'distressed' look they get. I don't care for them but they are not for me. If the customer likes them them and pays for them then who am I to judge?

· Registered
9,952 Posts
Hey Binki,
Could you take a photo of the finished product and post it if you get the chance? Just so we can see what it would look like.
If you can that would be great!
Mahalo!
Most of our work for these are provided by artists but I will ask the next onr if he wants his work posted.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.