T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of transfers Ive seen that were cut with vinyl cutter were just one or two color designs vectors.

Is it possible to vectorize a logo with 4 colors.

Print out the logo on tranfer paper.

Then have a vinyl cutter cut the design out so the background can be removed and the shape of the design is left?

Ken

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Yes, but the cutter must have an optical eye sensor. You will print out registration points on the transfer paper, and then load it into the cutter to cut. Keep in mind, the paper used must be a two-ply paper (usually opaque paper), so that a backing is present for weeding & cutting purposes.

·
Registered
51 Posts
JoshEllsworth said:
Yes, but the cutter must have an optical eye sensor. You will print out registration points on the transfer paper, and then load it into the cutter to cut. Keep in mind, the paper used must be a two-ply paper (usually opaque paper), so that a backing is present for weeding & cutting purposes.
I've heard that the Blue Grid paper is very delicate and easily damaged. Will it withstand the weeding process or should I use another transfer paper? What one? I want the soft hand of the Blue Grid, but don't want to give up durability. Will it weed easily, or will it be dificult to weed?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts