T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody!
I went to the print shop last week (it's located in a prison, so i'm not there all too often), and i was a bit confused about something i noticed. the screens that were on the press still had big globs of ink of them as if there was a job running. they said they left it out like that because the ink will never harden, so they can. i always thought this was a bad idea. i mean, they leave it like that over weekends too. My question is, will that in any way effect the finished print? we've been having problems with the ink on our shirts, cracking and washing off, but thought this was from not curing it properly. could that be from letting the ink sit out? thanks for your help!

Korri

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi Korri, it's perfectly OK to leave the ink on the screen (assuming it's platisol ink). The washing out and cracking is definitly due to not curing correctly.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
It does "feel" weird, but as sac_printer said it's fine to leave plastisol out. Waterbased inks are an entirely different matter, but no-one would ever try that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts