T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I attached a few pics of a test print I'm working on for a friend. But I don't like the way the print is coming out on the right side of the print which is the side with the year? On the left side with "EST" the lines are more crisp and straight but the side with the "1994" looks a little blown out along with the outer line of design. Can anyone maybe tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thank you in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
Are you using a screen that you've already used for awhile for other jobs? Mesh tends to start getting a little dirty with emulsion after a time. This print looks like you could fix it with an additional flash and print. A flood stroke might also help you lay down a little more ink.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Neil. This is a new screen only used for this job. The problem is that the line weight isn't consistent? Look at the most outer line around the whole design that is on the right side above the 1994 and you will see the line looks a little blown out. That's what I need help with. Why is this line thicker and not straight and crisp like it should be?

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
I see it now. I was looking on the other side of the print. If you look at where the line goes from thick to thin it also continues down into the border of the 1994 which leads me to believe that either something came between the mesh and the positive when the screen was exposed, in which case you would see the problem on the screen, or that something is on your pallet which is preventing that part of the screen from making solid contact with the shirt.

Or, since the defect line follows the squeegee stroke, maybe there is something caught on your squeegee? Try turning it around and see if the problem switches to the other side. That's three things you can check.

Sometimes when I get a lot of lint built up on a pallet something will make a little dent in it that I can hardly see but that produces a noticeable blemish on the prints.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.