T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Wordpad is the software used to create the design.

You print the design onto transfers. You can use regular transfers for light t-shirts and opaque transfers for dark t-shirts.

Please take the time to read and digest the answers that people are giving you. You seem to be repeating the same questions over and over.

another person said that wordpad can't be used to make opaque transfers?

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
This is a little bit like the Twilight Zone.

Wordpad is just the program used to type the text and set it out. Personally I'd use an art program such as Photoshop or Illustrator to enable precise control even with text, but for your design, Wordpad is fine.

The whole transfer thing is reliant on your printer, paper, and press.....any program can feed it what to print (hey, you could ever print a transfer from Windows Calculator if you wanted....albeit very small and numeric..... :) )

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
"The guy" (our lovely resident Decal_Designs....who gave you I think a superb step-by-step) is talking about the background colour. Wordpad is a very simplistic wordprocessing program. If you start going beyond manipulating the text in a very basic way (such as wanting to change the background colour...as you're entering on the fringes of a "design" here...more than just the physical letters), you will need something more.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks monkeylantern... i got a question though if the backround on the program is white how will it be able to print out white letters would.. also what color transfer paper would i need for a blue shirt does it matter? how will the program know im using color transfer paper(that is if it is color at all)

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I'm a screenprinter and not a heatpresser, but I'm pretty certain that the sort of transfer paper you'd be using would gain it's colour entirely from the inks and not the paper itself.

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
backround on the program is white how will it be able to print out white letters would.. also what color transfer paper would i need for a blue shirt does it matter? how will the program know im using color transfer paper(that is if it is color at all)
The program will print whatever color you tell it to print as long as your printer has that same ink color.

Just remember that you use opaque transfers for dark t-shirts and regular transfers for light colored t-shirts and you'll be fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts