T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

This might be a dumb question, but I was wondering if you can cut through paper without a backing or if it will damage anything on the cutter?

Basically, I want to print a design on a regular sheet of paper and then use the GX-24 to cut it out. I want to see the final cutting results before using the heat transfer paper. This way I can make any tweaks I need.

Just wondering...thanks.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Hi all,

This might be a dumb question, but I was wondering if you can cut through paper without a backing or if it will damage anything on the cutter?

Basically, I want to print a design on a regular sheet of paper and then use the GX-24 to cut it out. I want to see the final cutting results before using the heat transfer paper. This way I can make any tweaks I need.

Just wondering...thanks.
You most certainly can!!! Many users here do this daily.

Here is a quick YouTube video of it being done:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDdY4a9ChKc&feature=related[/media]

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Just make sure that you're paper is two layers - the paper used in the video is an opaque paper for dark colors that consists of a top layer of thin white film and a paper backing. The cutter is programmed to kiss cut to the paper backing.

The gX-24 will not allow for cutting completely through paper, so you would need to attach a backing to anything that does not have separable layers to make it compatible - such as transfer paper for light colors.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Ms Blue...I did see the video , but I thought that the demo was for opaque transfers which is 2 layers as Josh mentioned. I only have the 1 piece of paper I want to cut through. Do you know of a tutorial with plain paper?

Hi Josh...So how does one accomplish this 2 layer paper usen plain white paper? Do I tape the edges of 2 pieces together to create a 2 layer piece? Do you have an example?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I suppose one could also use some spray adesive on the edges of a bottom sheet to hold it together while cutting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts