T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
In illustrator if you go to window/align <--- show the align window then select all you should find the align to artboard option in your align window. The problem is that everything needs to be grouped together if you have multiple items. so group everything, then align horizontal center then vertical align center (with the align to artboard option chosen). If you have multiple layers though, grouping everything i believe will combine all objects into one layer which is a pain in the ***.. Play around with it a bit, you will get it

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
there are a lot of answers in the help files with illustrator... just hit help on top bar...
then you can type in what you are looking for... or use the tree that has the different categories...

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can not find the align to artboard option. I have Illustrator cs2. I can align the objects together, but not to the artboard. I've searched the help files and the book and can't get it to work.

In illustrator if you go to window/align <--- show the align window then select all you should find the align to artboard option in your align window. The problem is that everything needs to be grouped together if you have multiple items. so group everything, then align horizontal center then vertical align center (with the align to artboard option chosen). If you have multiple layers though, grouping everything i believe will combine all objects into one layer which is a pain in the ***.. Play around with it a bit, you will get it

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I finally figured it out. There was a little teeny tiny button that I did not even know was a button. When I clicked on that an option to "align to artboard" came up.

thanks for your help.

Do the RIPs come with the option to center the artwork for you? When I had a shirt made by a local shop once I brought in an Illustrator file. It seems like the woman centered it and added registration mark on a screen that looked a lot like a printer driver.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have no idea bout rip. I use post script printers that i dont need to use rip software with. U can make your own reg marks if you want and just add them to the artwork but i know when i do my seps from illustrator, i have the options to add reg marks right in the print dialogue box, Good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts