T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,202 Posts
Yes to both. Advanced Artist should have a tutorial on building one in Corel Draw, and I'm sure you can google a Photoshop tutorial. Photoshop uses splices either by automatically adding them, or you manually. Either way, it's not too difficult to break it apart.

·
Registered
119 Posts
You're really better off not building it in a photo editing program but yes it is possible.

Then there is the whole aspect of e-commerce which can't be done with these (not even close).

·
Registered
119 Posts
I know photoshop will build the tables and expot HTML but the code isn't very clean. Sitegrinder is an option but I really building components and using somethinhg like dreamweaver or flash makes more sense. They make programs to do tasks just like vehicles, you wouldn't pull a boat with a Ferrari, why build websites in photoshop.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
I am taking a class in web design and we are building our sites in photoshop then exporting to web and coding in dreamweaver so if you know html and css then yes you can build the template in photoshop but a lot of the work will come when you are putting things together in dreamweaver.(Dreamweaver is also where you will add your shopping cart for e-commerce) If you have no coding skills, then I would not go with photoshop or corel.
I would try a ready made shop instead.

·
Registered
119 Posts
With all the requirments of payment gateways using a prebuilt cart is a good plan. I know we use one that is highly customizable and easy to use with our clients.

For initial design Photoshop works as well as a sheet of paper, when it's time to make the site use phototshop and dreamweaver (or even nvu) and css instead of tables.

With

·
Registered
49 Posts
I built all the graphic components for my site in Photoshop and I used godaddy.com for the store and web site tonight.

·
Registered
119 Posts
We use one that is $12 for the year with most of our clients. The initial cost to have a site designed is higher but over the long term not paying another $9 a month works out cheaper.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
technically no.... you CAN draw a picture of a website in those programs, but to make it a website you have to slice & dice the elements of the picture and create code (html, php, css) to make the thing function.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I made my site with Photoshop, then used the images in dreamweaver. After I brought them into dreamweaver, I made hotspots on the parts I wanted to be click active.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Good topic!

I design all my sites in CorelDRAW first because it is easy to drag elements around on screen.

For CorelDRAW I strongly recommend you change your page units to Pixels then change the page resolutino to 96dpi. Build our graphics at 1-scale (i.e. if you want the banner to be 300px wide on your site make it 300px wide in CorelDRAW.)

Where possible try to use CSS to recreate what you made in CorelDRAW or Photoshop.

Good luck and have fun!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Does anyone have a site built with corel or photoshop that you can post link here..I want to start my own tshirt business but like most of us is very limited money wise i have corel draw and photoshop i am trying to save me some money here i think i can build it myself..

·
Premium Member
4,202 Posts
Does anyone have a site built with corel or photoshop that you can post link here..I want to start my own tshirt business but like most of us is very limited money wise i have corel draw and photoshop i am trying to save me some money here i think i can build it myself..
Corel DRAW tutorial was built with Corel. So are all of his other sites that are linked through that site.

ArtAmp.com - Free Clip Art, Fonts, Tutorials and Graphic Design Resources
www.advacedtshirts.com
TshirtClipArt.com - welcome to www.tshirtclipart.com

·
Registered
119 Posts
If you look at the source code I highly doubt that was built in Corel the CSS and tables make me think it was built in dreamweaver (the mention of dreamweaver in the code makes me think that too). But if I'm wrong then corel does a great job with XHTML and CSS.

·
Registered
766 Posts
You can make all the sexy backgrounds, gee whiz appearance you want in Corel and Photoshop, but unless you have some html/CSS editor, the page is essentially a great big JPG/GIF. Not very useful, no links, etc. You need to add HTML to the page to actually BUILD the page and make it useful.

Corel and Photoshop are one tool for use when building the page, but they aren't the tools for actually enabling the page for any useful purpose.

To use an analogy, can give you a picture of a stove, but I doubt you are going to cook much with the picture.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts