T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I've read everything I can regarding the LXi software, but cannot find the answer to the question I have.

Here goes. I have been given the wonderful opportunity for a vinyl express Q60. However, and that's a big HOWEVER, the LXi software is for Mac. I don't have a MAC. Never used a Mac. Know nothing about a Mac! So, I called SW and they said it would run me $300 bucks for the LXi Windows software. OUCH!

With all my other expenses right now, I really can't dish out another $300 for software.

I have Corel Draw X4. According to SW, I have to have the LXi software to run the Vinyl Express Q60.

Is there any way around this? :confused: I would love to take advantage of this cutter (less that 30 hours on the machine!), but am so scared. Is there another sofrware program that will work? Or, do I take the plunge and fork out the cash for the LXi software?

In simple terms (yes, the idiot's version), I would greatly appreciate any and all help.

Thanks,
Kimberly

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
you do not need XLi software to use the cutter...you have a couple options. I believe that the Q60 is a scaled down graphtec FC7000..but none the less there are several software packages that will drive your cutter. The least expensive I know of is:
NEW Vinyl Cutter software WinPCSIGN Basic 2009 - eBay (item 370268668851 end time May-29-10 14:00:49 PDT)

This is last years version of WinPCSign Pro 2010 but without rhinestone design feature. The one on ebay is the basic version not the pro...but it is $89 and is being sold by the manufacture from Canada. The latest version of WinPCsign is being sold by a couple of member but for around $200 or so...depends on support package.

If you click on the link and then scroll down and you will see the Vinyl Express Q60 as a supported cutter. Note the cutters are listed in alphabetical order.

I used the latest version and it is a super cutting program for the price

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Charles, THANK YOU!
So you're telling me that If I purchase the WinPCSign, I will be able to run the Q60 to the best of it's ability?
If so, that is awesome!
I KNEW I wasn't stuck purchasing the software from SW.
Another stupid question:
If I create something in Corel Draw, I can then import it into the WinPCSign software and hence, the cutter will do it's job?

THANK YOU again!
Kimberly

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
yes...if you get the winpcsign 2009 version...it is the basic version and not all the bells and whistles of the pro version which is a bit more $$.
I am sure you can export in Corel X3/X4 as eps and the open in winpcsign..there are several file formats supported for import.
I have not used winpcsign 2009..but winpcsign pro 2010 is a full design program and you might be able to do most of your designing within the program.

·
Registered
5 Posts
In my opinion based on my experience with SW,i would buy it from them,especially if its only 300.That program is way more than that.If you buy from them you get thier tech support help.Which sounds like you'll need throughout your learning curves.
So, you bought this used from someone apparently?
VE LXI MASTER is excellent.I've been using it for 7 years flawlessly.Does everything i need it to do.
Good Luck

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good afternoon. I know this post has been on here for a long time, but I was hoping that you still had the LXi program for Mac that you spoke about in your post. I have the LXi version for PC and I know nothing about a pc. I would luv to talk to you about buying your software if that is at all possible. Thanks Susan .... my email address is [email protected]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts