T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
831 Posts
It's possible, but I am not really sure. I am in the process of finally registering my business so I never asked any of my suppliers yet. I know many equipment companies won't let you set up an account with them without a business license so I guess it will help no matter what.
Not all distributors will give you a deal for shirts with a business license. Most will, but not all.

· Registered
736 Posts
Usually you will only be able to gain an account if you are a reseller yourself. Thus, if you are a company that sells yard equipment and tractors, you can get equipment and parts for wholesale/resale price. If you are a yard service company, they will not allow you to buy from them because they would be undercutting their own distributors.

Also, if you use your tax ID for something that you don't resell, you will need to pay the tax on it when you take it for "personal use".

· Registered
831 Posts
I know that one of my friends in PA set up an account with a distributor(that I can't because I don't have my license yet) and he didn't get any discount from their already publicly listed wholesale pricing.
So I won't be able to answer that for you until I get my business license and can start accounts with other distributors and manufacturers directly.

· Registered
1,435 Posts
Ok.. do u know if I am getting a deal when using virginia ts or sanmar? Or am I paying reg price. Im new to this screen printing.
Depends on how your account is set up, but I believe Sanmar only accepts wholesale accounts and their site only lists retail prices until you log in. Once you log in, you will see wholesale prices along with what your closest distributor has in stock and you will then be able to add items to a cart or "box" as they call it.

Generally there's three pricing levels for t-shirts. Mill, wholesale, and retail. Sanmar buys at mill pricing and sells to you at wholesale. You buy at wholesale and should in theory sell at around retail (although just as you price shop wholesalers, you don't want to drive your customer's away with a high retail price either). You might be thinking "well, if sanmar's getting it cheaper, then I should get it cheaper too". You can contact the t-shirt manufacturer of your choice about distribution, but I wouldn't be surprised if they have a huge minimum order and generally as other folks said, they will only want to sell to a company that is in the business of distribution, not an individual printer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.