T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
If they are set up right, they can cut very complex designs. Cutters have come a long way in a few years.

·
Registered
117 Posts
They can cut any shape. I would stay away from very sharp points and thin designs. The smaller the text/design, the harder to weed/affix

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I would say that you're ability to cut/weed detailed designs will be effected by the type of vinyl more then the cutter. Some vinyls are not able to have small detailed designs cut/weeded out of them.

·
Registered
435 Posts
They can cut any shape. I would stay away from very sharp points and thin designs. The smaller the text/design, the harder to weed/affix
I'd agree with this, the more detailed, the more time you'll have to take to make sure you aren't pulling up material that is supposed to be left on the backing. This of course goes with Nick's point as well, materials will perform differently. For detailed designs, a pressure sensitive backing will usually perform better because if you do peel something up by mistake, you can reposition it right back in place. Also, sign vinyl will perform differently than heat transfer materials.

Having said that, to answer the question...Yes, it can certainly be done!! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts