T-Shirt Forums banner

Can this design be screenprinted

1374 Views 6 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Ripcord
Can this design be screen printed to a t-shirt using just two colors black and gold, If so, How do you separate the colors to print them?

Attachments

See less See more
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
You could get a reasonable looking print with solid gold crown and halftone shadows. Put down the gold, flash it and then print the halftone right over the top. When preparing your screens, plan ahead for considerable dot gain on the halftone. I think I'd mix a warm brown for the halftone rather than black. You might also reduce your inks a bit to get a nice smooth surface for the second color.
Reactions: 3
https://imgur.com/a/iWxC4
Here is how it would look with Ripcords method at a 45 line screen
Reactions: 3
https://imgur.com/a/iWxC4
Here is how it would look with Ripcords method at a 45 line screen
Thank you Industryps

Could you please send me a copy of that that I can see exactly what you did and know how to shade like that in the future. I think it looks gres, I just don't understand how you did it.
Sure, send me a PM with your contact info.
Great job with those seps Industryps. I think it would be very benefitial to the community here if you posted that info to the thread.

Which technique did you use? Color range? Channels? etc. and steps to create the shadows into halftones.

Would like to know this myself as well. Love learning about other techniques especially when it comes to raster seps.

Cheers
I don't have a RIP - I'd just separate it manually in Corel Draw and output to film. Mix the yellow ink to match the highlight areas of the original jpeg. It's actually a light yellow rather than gold. The gold effect will be achieved with the brown halftone overprint.

Attachments

See less See more
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.