T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some shirts here that a customer wants his construction company logo on. (in black) The shirts are 100% polyester and have reflective stripes on them. The screened logo would not go over the reflective, but not sure how I cure without melting or ruinint the reflective. Also, some of the shirts that he brought are mesh, some have the reflective also, and some do not. I also am unsure about how to do the poly mesh... ??? any help would be greatly appreciated! :confused:

·
Registered
638 Posts
We do them frequently and use transfers. They hold up to the heat from a heat press so I'd think the trip through the dryer would be oK too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
You can screenprint them without trouble, the dryer speed should be adjusted appropriately for polyester, but the reflective will not be affected.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do I screen the mesh shirts the same as normal? I am worried about it making a huge mess with the holes.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I did that exact job with zero problems...I did however use Union Poly Ink and ran it through the dryer like normal.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Do I screen the mesh shirts the same as normal? I am worried about it making a huge mess with the holes.
It depends on the ink deposit you are laying down but you will end up with some ink going through to your pallet. Some options there:
Wipe and then flash after printing to dry the excess.
Use paper of some kind to catch the excess and then dispose of the paper before running through the dryer.

It's a bit of a mess sometimes, but charge appropriately and you'll be okay. Also, take this first job as the learning curve, it's almost worth accepting small challenging projects like this at a discount so you can learn, then offer it as a regular service. Chances are the competition doesn't "seek out" this type of work, after you lose the fear of it, you'll find it to be profitable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts