T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
2,013 Posts
yes you can if it will fit under the print head. you will need to adjust the print head height "on the fly" so that you keep basically the same distance between the skateboard and the print head.
Maybe print onto a substrate that can then be applied to the deck?

I'm just about to rebrand the bottom of my kiteboard with my new surf brand logo - planning on just printing a sticker on something like a versacamm and applying to the whole surface area. Like a skateboard has trucks, a kiteboard has 4 fins which screw on, so I am hoping these will keep the image adhered to the board during the absolutely sick tricks and crashes I am likely to pull off!

Let us know how you get on,

Richie

· Registered
8,354 Posts
Yes we did it for fun but not as $$$$. I have pictures somewhere but as Shep said once you strike heads,:(
If you have guts and have to then go ahead. Make sure charge arms and a legs :)? It is 100% done.
Lower bed, put in board, adjust height, keep you eyes on while it prints, when printer reaches at the end push stop button.About 30" right?
Make sure coated with silicon or something, I forgot the name HomeDepot sells. Prefer to see with solvent head which works great with woods. One of our NeoFamily is using as furniture mfg. big company.
Cheers! Beers are on me always.
Pictures are some where on my pic collection.
Pictures by mp19134 - Photobucket

· Registered
867 Posts
Yes we did it for fun but not as $$$$. I have pictures somewhere but as Shep said once you strike heads,:(
If you have guts and have to then go ahead. Make sure charge arms and a legs :)? It is 100% done.
Lower bed, put in board, adjust height, keep you eyes on while it prints, when printer reaches at the end push stop button.About 30" right?
Make sure coated with silicon or something, I forgot the name HomeDepot sells. Prefer to see with solvent head which works great with woods. One of our NeoFamily is using as furniture mfg. big company.
Cheers! Beers are on me always.
Pictures are some where on my pic collection.
Pictures by mp19134 - Photobucket
I printed this skateboard on a Flexi-Jet.

· Registered
867 Posts
This print can be done if the print head is capable to print and have the space to fit the skate board under the print head. Skateboard Decks
It's kinda hard to get to the nose and tail area since the rest of the board will have to be where the bed is (at least on the Flexi-Jet) and will have to move up/down to compensate for the curvature of the board lengthwise. As for the convex of the bottom of the board, there isn't that much of an issue since the distance doesn't go that far away, but you will lose some clarity in the print towards the rails.

I think I also taped the edges of the deck to give it a crisp look around the edges.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.