T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes it can. but you need to make sure you do your maintenances. Also do regular nozzle checks to make sure all is well.. Also make sure you use good consumables. IE cap stations and wipers. I could tell you about the panics i have had with poor cap stations.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it can. but you need to make sure you do your maintenances. Also do regular nozzle checks to make sure all is well.. Also make sure you use good consumables. IE cap stations and wipers. I could tell you about the panics i have had with poor cap stations.

Im not sure about getting it, because i wouldnt be able to maintenance it daily, because of my work schedule, i could only maintenance two days a week at a minimum.

·
Registered
29 Posts
you dont have to do every day. It keeps the head unclogged by doing a clean several times a day. Hence it needs to be plugged in all the time. you just need to do quite minimal mainentance at least once a week. compared to other printers its light work.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't know that, that right there might have just sold the machine. I was thinking about teaching my son how to do the maintenance, and cleaning, he's 12, but these kids pick up on computer stuff quick. I appreciate the help, I haven't been able to call Roland because of my work schedule,

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm a new user of a BN-20 and is a learning curve to know you way around the BN-20. I keep it in the same room I'm sleeping so there is minimum noise when is self leaning. Roland has like 3-4 different ideea on how often you shoul do a manual cleaning on the machine, and is recommended weekly, on the end of it. power consumption is like a joke ( 90w/h when operating ). so I do recommend it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm a new user of a BN-20 and is a learning curve to know you way around the BN-20. I keep it in the same room I'm sleeping so there is minimum noise when is self leaning. Roland has like 3-4 different ideea on how often you shoul do a manual cleaning on the machine, and is recommended weekly, on the end of it. power consumption is like a joke ( 90w/h when operating ). so I do recommend it.
The weekend maintenance shouldnt be a problem, thanks for the input, im going to get it

·
Registered
3 Posts
The weekend maintenance shouldnt be a problem, thanks for the input, im going to get it
m2k1999, just be aware that on the begining you should buy a second set of inks, as half of the first ones will be pumped in to the lines which is a bit of ink. and i recommend you to buy the one with a second Magenta option, not metalic or white, as you will not be using the metalic or white ink that much. and there is no point of you having to spend that much on those inks just to be able to run the printer.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
m2k1999, just be aware that on the begining you should buy a second set of inks, as half of the first ones will be pumped in to the lines which is a bit of ink. and i recommend you to buy the one with a second Magenta option, not metalic or white, as you will not be using the metalic or white ink that much. and there is no point of you having to spend that much on those inks just to be able to run the printer.
That for that info, i dont want to run out of ink at any point,im going to try and keep spare ink on hand, so i will never have to wait while my printer is empty.

im not sure if i wont be using white as far as apparel

·
Registered
3 Posts
That for that info, i dont want to run out of ink at any point,im going to try and keep spare ink on hand, so i will never have to wait while my printer is empty.

im not sure if i wont be using white as far as apparel
As far as I know, you can't use white for apparel, as is washing out, but you've got some materials, which you have to cut out what you are not using and the white from that material will transfer to your apparel.
As I said before, I recommend the one with 2 magenta.
I've bought my BN20 like 3 months ago, and I'm interested to see how to change from metalic Ink to magenta.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As far as I know, you can't use white for apparel, as is washing out, but you've got some materials, which you have to cut out what you are not using and the white from that material will transfer to your apparel.
I've bought my BN20 like 3 months ago, and I'm interested to see how to change from metalic Ink to magenta.
Oh okay I get it now, and that makes sense.

From what I've been reading on different forms trying to change the ink out it's not a way to go. I will go with your suggestion.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.