T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there [email protected]! we have a blazer and don't sell enough black tees to keep the white in the printer, any thoughs would be greatly helpful,what choices do we have .:confused: and yes the blazer express is a stought
machine and can handle just about anything that we have thrown at it so far
thx Gina

·
Registered
256 Posts
Re: can"t justify white ink

You could outsource your darks to another dtg printer. Another option might be a versacamm. Not as detailed as a dtg printer but it could open some new doors for the business as well.

·
Registered
5,720 Posts

As I understand your post, you want to concentrate only on white and light colored garments and do not want to use white ink. On any of the digital garment printers that have the white ink printing capability that is very easy to accomplish. You can empty the white ink from all the white bulk cartridges / bottles and flush out the white ink lines and cartridges with cleaning fluid. Just fill your white bulk cartridges / bottles with distilled water and run your printer as a CMYK printer. Whenever you want to return to white ink printing just empty the distilled water and refill with white ink.

Harry

·
Registered
344 Posts

Is the Blazer based on the Epson 4800? Our printer is and we print dual CMYK with fantastic results. We took out the white because of a similar lack of enough business for white prints- flushed the printer with distilled water( replacing dampers on the white side is a good idea)

Our RIP allows setup for dual CMYK with the right side in the same left to right order as the CMYK on the left.
We print most things now at dual CMYK 360 by 360. It prints fast, cures fast, and looks great.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

YEs, the blazer express is a4880, with distilled water in the white side will it effect the head cleaning? We still have are day job so we print at night. We only do 50 or so tees a week no black tees the white ink is just a waste for the time being, the auto head clean is set for 8hr we will just pull the white and save it.
Thx for the your quick response
Thx again

·
Registered
5,720 Posts

Having distilled water in the white ink bulk cartridges will have no effect on your head cleaning. Note that when you now do head cleanings it will be half the cost since you will only be using ink in only 4 of the 8 cartridges.

Harry

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

THX Harry ,we did jump the gun on the printer thing but this forum is great:) so is the blazer express. Lots of fun .Is using windex that bad? I used it to flush the head of white ink once , but? head cleans every 8 hr...... still doesn't
keep the white flowing if your not printing. its fun being a nebee:D

·
Registered
2,654 Posts

If your printer software gives you the option to assign your ink channels I would suggest alternating your CMYK channels with the other channels (former white channels). I personally do not reccomend straight distilled water in the empty channels, all it does is move foriegn matter from one place to another, you need something with some detergent/surfactants in it to break down ink depostis as well. I would dilute some cleaning solution (4 parts or so distilled water 1 part cleaning solution) and load it into your former white cartridges. By rotating between colors and cleaning solution you will clean your entire capping station everytime you do a head cleaning - the 4880 has a split capping station that would not be fully cleaned if you maintain your inks in their normal configuration.

JMHO

·
Registered
2,092 Posts

Yea that is interesting why Kornit is only player out there that uses a built in pretreatment system??

Someone should "Barrow" Kornit ink system idea.... or buy the rights to use it.

But I guess if that happened, No one will buy the blue dream machine lol..

Major difference about Kornit printer is that it uses industrial spectra head that are used in solvent and UV printers.

I stopped using white ink as well dues to fact that it is to much work to up keep and I just printed sage colors shirts with CMKY and had great results

1 - 14 of 14 Posts