T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

we have been trading for just over 1 year now, and have only been concentrating on single colour vynil print tshirt.

we want to expand to colour prints, and assume DTG is the way to go (if it isnt then please do let us know as well).

would appreciate if someone recomend a good DTG printer which wont cost the earth which would be good enough to get us started.

thanks

· Registered
2,857 Posts
What's the most u could spend on a DTG set up. U notice I did not ask how much u wanted to spend.

· Registered
8,807 Posts
doing dark shirts on DTG is hard...expensive and long learning curve. I gave up on that couple years ago...But there is a new DTG...CYMK only but is only $6,995 and does a terrific job...I was doing shirts within an hour of setup...this is the Veloci T printer from Digital Art Solutions and Equipment Zone...super super easy to use, learn and most important make $$$

· Registered
286 Posts
Yes, printing with white ink is not for every one and there is a huge learning curve, but if you are to make money on a consistent basics with DTG you will need to be able to print with white ink. Your best bet is still to out source your jobs now.

· Registered
2,857 Posts
Good arguments for both. I make 75% of my DTG profit on CMYK only. But 65% of my customers want dark shirt, requires white ink. 95% of the problems with DTGs are from white ink. Most DTGs will only do 6-10 darks an hour, based on a 12x12 high quality print. But same job in Cmyk only is more like 30. Ink cost for darks at around 2.85 or more. Vs .50 for cmyk only. My suggestion is a white capable printer 8 channels, but run dual CMYK until to figure it all out. The Veloci T prints well on lights. It is based on an Epson 1100 , $100 printer, currently out of production in US but still being provided to the Italian MFG by Epson. Read my post on ISS Atlanta DTGs. Cave Dave provides some insight on that. Do Not by a Kiosk 2 or T Jet. Epson has stopped production of all spare parts, print heads are in short supply. Other parts as well. If u get one for under $2K. Maybe realizing it will be a starter only. Even then most people who by a used machine from E Bay spend an additional 1-2K getting it up and running. Best Value Machine on market, IMHO, Neoflex, 18K.

Reactions: kshep511

· Registered
2,857 Posts
1-2 color screen print is where $$$ are at. Service industry, lawn care etc.
Plastisol transfers, for complicated art.
Sublimation on light polyesters.

Reactions: emteen
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.