T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, the whole idea is to get it to stick but

I did tranfer numbers onto a reversible jersey. The first side was white, turned it inside out and did other side. I forgot to put a separator sheet over the first transfer, and I got some ghosting onto the front of the shirt. Is there anyway to remove this faint image? It is a 100% polyester shirt.

(It's a team jersey with logo, so I can't just print another tee)

Jim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,800 Posts
it will never look like a perfect press. So figure something else out like jazz players do. When they hit a wrong note they add a few more and make a new lick out of it. :D

you may be able to clean it up a little with a special solvent...(du-no the name of it).

What are you going to tell the customer ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
htt117 said:
I know, the whole idea is to get it to stick but

I did tranfer numbers onto a reversible jersey. The first side was white, turned it inside out and did other side. I forgot to put a separator sheet over the first transfer, and I got some ghosting onto the front of the shirt. Is there anyway to remove this faint image? It is a 100% polyester shirt.

(It's a team jersey with logo, so I can't just print another tee)

Jim
A Spot gun and spot remover will remove even cured plastisol..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure what a SPot gun is. I discivered that a solvent like goof Off will remove plastisol easily, but also will remove some of the color. Shirt qwas ruined, but it was a good experiment. What kind of spot remover?

Jim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
htt117 said:
Not sure what a SPot gun is. I discivered that a solvent like goof Off will remove plastisol easily, but also will remove some of the color. Shirt qwas ruined, but it was a good experiment. What kind of spot remover?

Jim
You should be able to see what they look like on one of the supplier sites like Mt.Pocono Screen Supply
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
T-BOT said:
du-no
never used it.
No need to.
When i make a mistakes i give the shirts to the local church.
Its used more for ink accidentaily getting on a shirt from your hands.... no matter how thorough you are it still happens..... often its a tiny speck of ink that will surely travel all over if not removed..... A Spot gun defineatly is a time and money saver in not having to lose a perfectly good print because a speck of ink got on the sleeve....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,800 Posts
Squirts said:
Its used more for ink accidentaily getting on a shirt from your hands.... no matter how thorough you are it still happens..... often its a tiny speck of ink that will surely travel all over if not removed..... A Spot gun defineatly is a time and money saver in not having to lose a perfectly good print because a speck of ink got on the sleeve....
oh! were are talking about the shop now Eh! not a press booboo.
... the Shop is always ink wet, guwee and spankin' clean. I was even thinking of wall-to-wall carpet in there....Bwahahaha! :)

The solvent. I though it was just a some type of varsol, but I guess not. :rolleyes:

Good thing we dont print shirts in there. Thats the beauty of Transfers, we ruin paper and not the shirts. :D

Quick wipes work good too and no guns required.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top