T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi:

I have read that Image Clip Laser Light says that it can be used on 100% polyester but the settings may need to be changed based on design. I can't find any settings different from 375 for 30 seconds.

I am concerned because I have also read that the higher temperatures can scorch the polyester. I am debating if I need to just use 50/50 blend.

I am using an OKI C5800 for printing.

Thanks

· Registered
10,809 Posts
Here are the manufacturer's instructions:

Transferring

Press the imaged sheet (red printed back) to the transfer sheet (green printed). This will apply the transfer coating to the imaged area.
PRESS - 20 seconds at 210 F using light pressure.
Separate the papers while still hot.
A cloudy film will appear on your printed sheet.
Press the treated imaging sheet (red print) face down onto the shirt or other substrates.
PRESS - 30 seconds at 375 F using heavy pressure.
COOL before peeling. Stretch immediately after peeling if desired

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I have the manufacturer’s settings... but I saw a pdf from them stating that for 100% poly, we need to use different settings based on the design. They said the standard settings are fine for 100% cotton or 50/50 but not for 100% poly.

I would like to know if anyone who has used image clip on 100% poly can confirm if they are using the standard settings or modified settings with no scorching or other issues.

I am concerned because other posts have mentioned that they like to use lower temps for polyester around 300.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.