T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have some questions for those who are experienced in the DTG industry.

As a newbie :) , I'm still trying to figure out how things goes.

I have an Epson 3890 (Looks like Epson 3880 & 3800 but modified) .. I bought it from chinese manufacturer for affordable price.
It has 8 channels of Ink (CMYK +WWWW) .. It uses water based ink CMYK and Discharge ink in the white channels.

I'm not very fond with discharge ink after a while of trying it out, the images doesn't come out on garment vibrant and colorful as I see in the videos for other printers printing on Pure white (Though Discharge ink have much much less problems -almost no problems if you took care of ventilation)

The printer doesn't require pre-treatment for garments and the wash ability is great, So I never used any pre-treatment on my garments before.

My questions Are:-
1-in my printer Can I switch to white instead of Discharge ink . or my printer is programmed and designed to use discharge ink only ?
2-Should I use and try a pre-treatment even though the selling point of the printer was that it doesn't require any ?
3-is there any better inks other than water based .. or these are the best and If so .. what are the best place to buy affordable yet best quality of water based inks in case of CMYK & W ?
4-The White on Black is never white .. it's always creamy .. Can I overcome this .. since it's bleached with Discharge ink ?
5-The black (colors over all) are bit faded on light garments with one pass .. with 2 passes they're perfect .. is there a way that I make it best from one pass only ?

I'd appreciate any help in that matter .. I don't have any technical support here in Egypt .. and I already took a lot of valuable information from T-shirt Forums and I hope you can also help me with my inquiries.

Thank you . waiting for responses to my long thread

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Completely wrong area of the site. This section is specifically for the Epson F2000 DTG Printer and no other models. I would suggest posting in the general section.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can the admin please remove it from here to this general section or should I post it there myself ?
And thank you for reaching to me .. maybe that's why no one is replying to my questions

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I think your one of the only TSF members with a discharge DTG set up, since it's a new thing. You can do really cool prints with just the discharge base and no colors. You have an advantage over the others until they sell more of those. You may want to market that ability while you have a head start, the others will be catching up soon.:)

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discharge is not new, Mimaki had it years ago. Formaldehyde scares people away....
LOL! I didn't mean new yesterday. In this industry I consider a few years, new. look at how many people can still only DTG lights cuz they haven't been able to upgrade. I've been screening discharge since the early 90's and there are still more shops that don't do it than shops that do. Don't be afraid of the fumes, It just needs some ventilation.:)

·
Banned
15 Posts
Just to make sure we are on the same page, when I said not new, Mimaki was one of the first DTG printers made. It was in the early years of DTG but they no longer make it. It didn't take off. A couple reasons are probably because people didn't want discharge and when you discharge certain shirts, you don't get white. This was more than a few years ago.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think your one of the only TSF members with a discharge DTG set up, since it's a new thing. You can do really cool prints with just the discharge base and no colors. You have an advantage over the others until they sell more of those. You may want to market that ability while you have a head start, the others will be catching up soon.:)
The discharge ink prints does feel way better than the normal DTG Inks .. you can't feel any texture what so ever ..

We have merchants here who are working with white instead of discharge ..and I find my prints way better than him .. the only disadvantage that discharge doesn't make the prints on dark garments bright enough .. it's always darker than the ones using white ink .. and that is the only reason why I consider changing to white ink ..
Otherwise it also requires more testing to make the colors good but since we make our own designs and sell it then that shouldn't be a problem.

I'm literally the only one in my country "EGYPT" who uses discharge ink .. all others DTG use white ink

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well, I have some questions for those who are experienced in the DTG industry.

As a newbie :) , I'm still trying to figure out how things goes.

I have an Epson 3890 (Looks like Epson 3880 & 3800 but modified) .. I bought it from chinese manufacturer for affordable price.
It has 8 channels of Ink (CMYK +WWWW) .. It uses water based ink CMYK and Discharge ink in the white channels.

I'm not very fond with discharge ink after a while of trying it out, the images doesn't come out on garment vibrant and colorful as I see in the videos for other printers printing on Pure white (Though Discharge ink have much much less problems -almost no problems if you took care of ventilation)

The printer doesn't require pre-treatment for garments and the wash ability is great, So I never used any pre-treatment on my garments before.

My questions Are:-
1-in my printer Can I switch to white instead of Discharge ink . or my printer is programmed and designed to use discharge ink only ?
2-Should I use and try a pre-treatment even though the selling point of the printer was that it doesn't require any ?
3-is there any better inks other than water based .. or these are the best and If so .. what are the best place to buy affordable yet best quality of water based inks in case of CMYK & W ?
4-The White on Black is never white .. it's always creamy .. Can I overcome this .. since it's bleached with Discharge ink ?
5-The black (colors over all) are bit faded on light garments with one pass .. with 2 passes they're perfect .. is there a way that I make it best from one pass only ?

I'd appreciate any help in that matter .. I don't have any technical support here in Egypt .. and I already took a lot of valuable information from T-shirt Forums and I hope you can also help me with my inquiries.

Thank you . waiting for responses to my long thread
We looking for discharge ink for direct to garmnet printer.
Help me please..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts