T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am making samples and I do not want to waste paper. I was hoping to gang as much as I can on to one sheet. Do I have to use the printed paper right away or can I store the ones I am not using for a later date? If yes, how long is the shelf life? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Hello,
I am making samples and I do not want to waste paper. I was hoping to gang as much as I can on to one sheet. Do I have to use the printed paper right away or can I store the ones I am not using for a later date? If yes, how long is the shelf life? Thanks in advance.
We have some prints from about 4 or 5 years ago I can try out.
When I get to the shop I will try one out and see how it comes out and let you know.

They are stored in file folders in a file cabinet just for reference.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We have some prints from about 4 or 5 years ago I can try out.
When I get to the shop I will try one out and see how it comes out and let you know.

They are stored in file folders in a file cabinet just for reference.
Thank you! I am so stingy with my ink. I just got a SG800 and I want to do a dog tag... don't want to waste an entire sheet of paper for one or two samples so I figure I would fill the page.... but if that's a bad idea I would rather waste paper than ink. I wouldn't hang onto it for years, more like a couple of weeks. It would be FANTASTIC if I can print out my orders in advance while I await my blanks coming in from overseas. I know it's a bad idea with inkjet paper because the ink dries out.... wondering if the same applies for sublimation.

Thanks again and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We've had some stored in folders for a year or two, I used a small cartoon about two months ago and it came out okay.
Oh, that's great!!! So I am ok with printing out my stuff while I wait for the blanks to get here in 2 weeks!!! That's fantastic news since all my orders are, of course, rush orders.

Have a happy and prosperous NEW YEAR!!!! :D

Caryn

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Your printer doesn't just do A3 size. you can cut paper down, first in half to A4 then in half again to A5,
so long as you tell your design studio what size 'canvas' to use and then tell your printer what size it's printing on all will be well.
Get a box of mug wraps pre-cut, (300 in a box for the same price as a pack of A4) and set up a new size paper in your printer options and just call that size up in your design studio export as a jpg and print on that size. we do that for printing small aluminium pieces

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, that's great!!! So I am ok with printing out my stuff while I wait for the blanks to get here in 2 weeks!!! That's fantastic news since all my orders are, of course, rush orders.

Have a happy and prosperous NEW YEAR!!!! :D

Caryn
I was going to use the mug size to make samples and then figured it would be great if I could pre-print and have that all done before my pillows arrive next week. I am using the Sawgrass Creative studio and I cannot figure out how to get an image I saved to a template to fill a 11X17 page.... but if I can do it, it would be a HUGE time-saver. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I use Seriif Set of programs, for just about everything I use Serif PagePlus X8 and like I said, make a page the size of the mug wrap in custom size (save it) fill it in, export as jpg, put it n usb, (I use a separate net book to drive the printer) and print via 'powerdriver' where I have a page size option of mug wrap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.