T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm a little confused about relabeling. If I purchase wholesale tshirts (ex. hanes, gildan, etc.) and have them relabeled or relabel them myself, will I get into trouble when I sell them with my own name? I'm starting to get in some orders and I would like to make the shirts more professional with my own label.

I appologize if this question is dumb, but I'm pretty new at this and the last thing I want is to get in trouble so early into my business.

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
It's OK. There is a whole category of companies who sell "blanks" in the industry, including Gildan, Hanes, Fruit of the Loom, American Apparel, who market their own brands, but actual built separate divisions to handle private label business. Which means they WANT others to use their blanks and put their own labels and screens on their blank TEES. It might be a problem if you KEEP their labels on your products after you put your own designs on them.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
It might be a problem if you KEEP their labels on your products after you put your own designs on them.
There's also no problem in keeping the manufacturers label on the products and selling it with your own design.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts