T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have some white text with a black stoke. This is to go on a yellow shirt. What is the best way to print this. Can I print the stroke as a solid colour (black) and then lay the white text over the top? any suggestions would be great.
thanks everyone

Joe

· Registered
2,013 Posts
How can I print black on top of white if the white needs to be on top of black, if you see what I mean?
Nope. Perhaps you don't understand printing techniques. The white will NEVER need to be ontop of black.

Maybe you have a big black area with a small white detail in the middle. You make the white bigger on the computer and print it. Then the black (at the unaltered size) gets printed. The black will overlap the white and make sure none of the shirt color shows. It gives you a margin of error in setting up.

The other alternative is a butt print here there is no overlap. Much harder to set up. Also, white ink has a tendancy to spread out, so best use a trap with the black ink

· Registered
2,013 Posts
Yes - that's pretty simple.

Copy the black into a second layer, then add a stroke to the black path that meets the white. When you print it out, the black will have got bigger and will overlap the white.

Print flash print flash your white. You may need a longer flash for
The second one than the first. Make sure the white has cooled enough so the black screen doesn't stick. Then you can print your black ontop. Part of the black will overlap the white, which will make registration much easier. Use something like 1 pt for the trap (black stroke)

· Registered
2,013 Posts
Click on black with magic wand. Copy. open new layer. paste. Got to colours to select outline instead of fill colour. Add 1pt stroke.

If you've not used illi before, I highly recommend the video tutorials from go media. Well worth the money. Awesome, infact.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.